Everyone is talking about Royal Enfield. Does anyone have one made in England? Let’s see yours!

Carlo

Hey Pete!

I got an email from your forum, and I figured it was to check on whether I was still interested in the forum.

My old login still works, so here I am.

Just  went through a complete top-end rebuild and General clean-up of the Interceptor. 
brand new cylinders, pistons, heads refurbished from the valve seats out, new concentric Amals ( I don’t know why I avoided buying those for so long, they’re so much better than the old monoblocks), and I’m pretty psyched about getting back on the road with it. All the parts came from Hitchcock’s. This will be the first time since it was new that it’s had standard bore pistons in it. When I bought it, it had clapped out .020 over pistons in it. 
I’m waiting on a local shop to finish rebuilding the Suzuki GT 750 “teakettle” front calipers, and it’ll be on the road.

• Like 3

Yeh....I sent out a mailshot because a lot of people signed up during the Lockdown and then drifted off.

So I wanted to remind them where we were.

The bikes look great......we've got 2 Himalayans here but you're the only one with originals.

I'd like to see the GT750 when it's running......I had two of them back in the 70's.

• Like 2

Wow..... those are both beauties of a bike. ?  I'm a Himalayan owner, not quite the same, but Bagheera is a handsome bike, to me at least.  I have fallen in love with Royal Enfield's!   Greetings from British Columbia, hope you are doing ok with the fires, if the smoke has made it to my backyard I can only imagine how bad it is closer to the source.  Take Care ?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, XTreme said:

Yeh....I sent out a mailshot because a lot of people signed up during the Lockdown and then drifted off.

So I wanted to remind them where we were.

The bikes look great......we've got 2 Himalayans here but you're the only one with originals.

I'd like to see the GT750 when it's running......I had two of them back in the 70's.

No GT750, just the forks from one.

Take a closer look at the Interceptor.  I bought those forks from a motorcycle dismantler 25 years ago on the word of someone in the REOC who claimed Suzuki GT750 and 550 forks would mount right up to the Enfield frame.

The steering head bearings don’t fit at all, and I abandoned the idea until 2010, when it occurred to me that I could use the forks on my Enfield if I adapted them to fit the Enfield triple clamp and upper casting. I had a thread cut in the tops to allow the forks to screw into the cast aluminum upper clamp. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Wow..... those are both beauties of a bike. ?  I'm a Himalayan owner, not quite the same, but Bagheera is a handsome bike, to me at least.  I have fallen in love with Royal Enfield's!   Greetings from British Columbia, hope you are doing ok with the fires, if the smoke has made it to my backyard I can only imagine how bad it is closer to the source.  Take Care ?

Thanks for your concern. We’re in town, so reasonably safe, but some of our friends have lost everything.

regarding the new Enfields, I’m interested in the Himalayan, or whatever similar version they come up with using the new 650 motor.

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

@Carlo........have you retired yet?

I started getting my UK Pension (for what it's worth) last November.......but I'm still working! Always will!

Retired 5 years ago this month. Still working, but on my own projects, and I can sleep in every morning.

• Like 3

Fabulous to see those old Enfields mate, I’m the other one with a Himalayan and despite its few shortcoming it’s a great bike to get around on. Mine goes everywhere from a motorway to a dirt track and never complains. It seems to like the beach for some reason? ??

4F9BF901-BD20-4669-9FEA-9212681C609B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

You look like you know what you're doing on the dirt @Skippy........but then everybody does compared to me! :classic_laugh:

Ha ha never judge a book by its cover mate........always steady in the dirt, main objective is to get to where I’m going without killing myself. ??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Skippy said:

Out with a couple of mates last week on the Himalayan. The clip is a bit long so maybe no need to watch all of it. ??

Nice riding, love to see how the Himalayan just rolls along.  I can't imagine riding with so much visibility, it would be nice sometimes for a change.  Not that I don't love riding through a rainforest , but you can never see what is around the corner. ?

4 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Nice riding, love to see how the Himalayan just rolls along.  I can't imagine riding with so much visibility, it would be nice sometimes for a change.  Not that I don't love riding through a rainforest , but you can never see what is around the corner. ?

Everything's very open here Michelle!

• Like 1

Just now, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Is that an invite to Spain?.....watch out I might just show up on your door step one day.....?

Everybody's welcome here Michelle......we have talked about having some sort of meetup once the Covid situation stabilises. 

@Pedro's organising it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

We do have more green stuff but that’s in the opposite direction and usually in winter ?

• Like 1