Everyone is talking about Royal Enfield. Does anyone have one made in England? Let’s see yours!

Carlo

3 hours ago, Lone Amigo said:

@Pedro I suggest that there be fine Portuguese and Spanish wines at all stops.

Fine spanish wines, something I’m not familiar with.

This is not an admission of me organising anything in Spain :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lone Amigo said:

La Rioja for the reds. And it is beautiful country.
And there's Najera.

If you want great roads on wine country and a nice bottle at the end of the day the Douro in unbeatable, in my opinion.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

My mate Ted has got an old Enfield twin. I'm not sure what it is, all old Brit bikes look the same to me, but I did watch an old black and white episode of The Saint and the contract killer was riding exactly the same model, as confirmed by Ted who said they were quite rare. When we go to the classic bike shows in Kent and Sussex there are always people running up and taking pictures of it. Then he makes me start the thing so he isn't out of breath for the ride home. Years of owning the bad kick starting DR350 model mean all other bikes are a doddle in comparison.

I had a short ride of it, the gear lever and rear brake being the wrong way round is a bit disturbing. Also disturbing is the front brake which seems to be for show only, whilst the back brake is lethally good, this wouldn't matter if I wasn't stamping on it to change down gear and skidding instead. No idea what gear I was in when I got back, but you can put it in neutral some other way it seems. 

He's also got some other black British Classic, AJS I think. Another twin, I can only tell them apart because the Enfield has a chrome tank and blue paint work, the AJS is murky black all over.

Edit. I think it might be a Constellation, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

My mate Ted has got an old Enfield twin. I'm not sure what it is, all old Brit bikes look the same to me, but I did watch an old black and white episode of The Saint and the contract killer was riding exactly the same model, as confirmed by Ted who said they were quite rare. When we go to the classic bike shows in Kent and Sussex there are always people running up and taking pictures of it. Then he makes me start the thing so he isn't out of breath for the ride home. Years of owning the bad kick starting DR350 model mean all other bikes are a doddle in comparison.

I had a short ride of it, the gear lever and rear brake being the wrong way round is a bit disturbing. Also disturbing is the front brake which seems to be for show only, whilst the back brake is lethally good, this wouldn't matter if I wasn't stamping on it to change down gear and skidding instead. No idea what gear I was in when I got back, but you can put it in neutral some other way it seems. 

He's also got some other black British Classic, AJS I think. Another twin, I can only tell them apart because the Enfield has a chrome tank and blue paint work, the AJS is murky black all over.

:rofl:We used rag a Bantam round a corn field and then I'd rag my brothers RS100 round the streets at night so gears and brakes were a right laugh.

4 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

the gear lever and rear brake being the wrong way round is a bit disturbing

A lot of us started out with that being the norm Yen.

I had to adjust for the difference the other way.