Dark Motorcycling!

XTreme

8 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Look at the starch on those lapels in the middle. How ever were we on the winning side in WW2, Churchill looked like Wurzel Gummidge in comparison, no two pounds of him hanging straight!

Whiskey trumps opiates?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Look at the starch on those lapels in the middle. How ever were we on the winning side in WW2, Churchill looked like Wurzel Gummidge in comparison, no two pounds of him hanging straight!

A meeting of two genocidal fascist dictators.......and Yen's looking for personal grooming tips! :classic_wacko:

It could only happen on here! :littleguy:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

Gotta hand it to the Nazi's - they had the coolest, best looking uniforms ever.

17 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Yebbut look at the twat we've got in charge now, Churchill was a cat walk model compared with Boris :classic_wacko:

On 18/08/2020 at 21:52, Sir Fallsalot said:

If you did it for a living it would probably become a chore very quickly. i know it would for me, bikes are strictly for pleasure

I was once offered the opportunity of running a dive/angling boat on the south coast, but turned it down for that very reason @Sir Fallsalot.

• Like 1

Found a nice place in a dark place, under the Gold Star bridge that crosses the Thames river in New London. :littleguy:

ub.jpg.35f5d2c6c95a745b9c4c8c0f5ec8dd2a.jpg

An historic old mill from way back. :wave: Surrounded by bridges and ghetto .

otm.jpg.6fd6e7564954c80c2c0bf2073fca680b.jpg

• Like 6

I took a look on a couple of Urbex groups on FaceButt! What weird people!

They don't post locations.....everything's secret......and they approach visiting locations (usually in groups) as if it's a military campaign.

WTF is that all about?

The guys on the abandoned railway group are great though......surprising how many of them are actually bikers as well.

• Like 2

I might have whinged a little because some maniac at the helm was trying his best to destroy my damaged back! But it was only a little whinge. 

I did some sailing down in Pembrokeshire some time ago, maybe '12, and my back was fine. It was just after a storm with a big ground swell coming in. My gut managed to hold onto breakfast despite the fumes from the engine when we were going back onto the mooring. I freely admit that small boats and my gyroscopes don't go together. :classic_blink:

• Haha 3

Got more people on FaceButt saying I should start a Tour company. :classic_unsure:

Is is that bad in Britain now that a few photos of ruins with an ugly Strom in front of them is somehow inspirational?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nearly a year ago I met a FB friend here when he was on tour with his R1250GS and Buddy the dog in a cage on the back.

He's over here again at the end of the month (with Buddy) and he wants to go Dark Motorcycling.

Oh god......what have I started?

Picard Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I saw that guy at the ABR festival last year :classic_biggrin:

He's got a holiday place on the Costa del Sol.......so his missus flies there and him and Buddy come on the bike.

He spends about a week touring, then a few days with the wife.......and then rides back, while she flies back.

I could never swing that one with my missus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

I think the point is to stop gangs of lads with spray tins finding them and cocking everything up. That, and the more people who find out where things are and how to get in, the greater the chance the owners will shore up entrances and the police will add it to a duty shift visit.

We have a wealth of WWII airfields in Northants, I started off visiting them before upgrading to things like abandoned storage bunkers and rail yards. I do love a bit of urbex...as long as a fat bloke can squeeze in. 

There's a storage section of the WWII Government Pipelines and Storage System, along with abandoned siding, just up the road. Corby had a massive hand in PLUTO—Pipeline Under the Ocean, but has done its best to destroy everything left to explore. The last place there was a multilayer bunker system that looked like a massive pill box, it was ace, but the buggers filled it with concrete and levelled the surface.

Some good ride report potential there Dave!