Another Day.......Another Oil and Filter Change!

XTreme

And I managed to get Motul this time!

What a difference......engine purrs and tickover has dropped!

Now I know you can always feel a difference when you change the oil.......as it's old v new.

But the Repsol had only been in there for 5 months, and had done only 1800kms/1100 miles.

Surprisingly, all went well.....no disasters! Except for managing to burn my finger on the downpipe! :twat:

IMG_20200708_144319.jpg

IMG_20200708_153545.jpg

• Like 1

This one was done at 36,600 kms.......next one 39k kms.

So that'll be 2400 kms / 1500 miles.......probably around December I'd say!

At 40k kms I'll be taking it into Juan Cortes for new plugs (it's got 4) and new air filter! 

That was an easy job in the old days.......now it's remove tank, and all plastics! FFS!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Clive said:

I think it was training to become a gynaecologist ?

I'm sure they design stuff like this so people have to take bikes into the dealers.

So it generates a continual revenue stream for their sales outlets and ensures they stay in business.

10 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I trust Alison was keeping a watchful eye.:classic_biggrin:

I jammed the oil filter socket on the old filter.......so she had to advise how to get it off! :classic_wacko:

• Haha 2

Nice and clean there Pete i don't know why but once the oil is out of the bike i turn into Stan and Ollie and end up kicking or tripping over the waste oil container and getting it everywhere 

18 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Nice and clean there Pete i don't know why but once the oil is out of the bike i turn into Stan and Ollie and end up kicking or tripping over the waste oil container and getting it everywhere 

I managed to have no spillage disasters today Fred! Very unusual!

The worst to do are the XT600's with the oil in the frame.

Virtually impossible to do those without some sort of spillage. Well I've never managed it! :classic_wacko:

• Like 1

My next oil change is due at 106,000 miles. I will make a lovely job of getting all the oil into the drain tray, none will leak over the floor, the filter will be carefully emptied so as not to splash anything. And then I will blood kick the drain tray by accident or some other clumsiness and there will be oil everywhere. I am like the Jack Douglas of oil changes.

• Haha 3