Jump to content

Pedro

Moderator
  • Posts

    12,126
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    159

Everything posted by Pedro

  1. Today it's a nice cool summer day here. Cool enough to walk the dog wearing jeans and not shorts, and cool enough that you need a something on top of a t-shirt at night, which is perfect. I'm doing a little work at home, going to pack my cases in the afternoon with mostly clothes but since one needs a nice shirt to go to dinner and I always end up with a lack of space, then at dinner it'll be a nice seabass with some nice white wine, and in the morning a few days of leisurely riding will start. I don't like topases on bikes, you get a lot of effect from crosswinds and it hinders you getting on and off the bike with any coolness, which is also important Also, I always go on trips with just the sidecases on narrow position, hate to have a very wide bike in the back looking like a bus. I used to tour Morocco for two weeks with my girlfriend using the same space for both of us, with plastic rain suits for both as well, she used to make that work perfectly but now I go for a few days by myself and end up with lack of space. Can't pack for shit.
  2. American, Aerosmith? Which I don't even know if they are still together
  3. You're talking about a brake line, can't you get it from Goodridge?
  4. Pedro

    New thread

    If it is anything like Portugal was during confinement, having a lot of people bored out of their minds at home looking at the "news" on tv all day, and the terrible quality of sensationalist shit that passes as tv reporting in a period when not many new things happen everyday, there's no soccer to keep the poor of spirit entertained either, it is easy for the mix of all this to be a dangerous result. Edit, did that make sense?
  5. Two fingers on each.
  6. Pedro

    Great news!

    "Chuis", in 80's portuguese
  7. I don't get what Ducati is doing to this bike. They came up with a design that worked well using classy engines that were neither too powerful or bland, and now they just launch these stupid versions trying to get to every weird niche? Or just trying to get everyone to buy them just because they're a new version of the same thing?
  8. Is it because it’s only got 40hp?
  9. Yes, but mostly in surfing places or the Algarve. The english guys I'm refering to, though, are guys I used to meet when I spent a lot of time driving on the Nurburgring.
  10. Some of my english friends say I sound like Borat ... twats, they are, guvnor
  11. From the title of the thread, and the first picture, I imagined Michelin would have a bike riding in from of the Tour de France peloton throwing money at them
  12. I thought you would look more french than that
  13. I don’t think I have a cockney accent
  14. Of course not Pete, nobody ever gets injured doing stuff in snow
  15. In the future, I'll just send my bike to get groceries by itself
  16. mid to end of next week I'm taking a ride through inner Portugal, finishing with a dip in the ocean. Not to spit in your porridge, just putting things into context. In average, we're average
  17. Harley does the bikes they do because they want to, not because they can't do faster lighter bikes. They are a major player. BMW has got the self riding bike that goes around tracks by itself, and Honda has the same thing. But Harley somehow is the first to have something to be put in real use in a way that is probably more appreciated by their customers, which is quite smart. To boot it, Harley has come up with a simpler way to adapt it to any one of their bikes without major electronics to steering and stuff like that, way clever. Of course, if it does fall down nobody will be able to pick the top heavy beast ...
  18. This is great stuff, if it makes a bike balance while going slow it will eventually be able to help it handle better when going fast.
  19. I didn´t have green hair, but you get the idea:
  20. Took too much anti histaminic yesterday, drank some wine for dinner, slept for 10 hours. Woke up at around 11, went for a short ride, had a spot of lunch with a nice view: It's quite cool today, got below 20º up in the hills, hardcore stuff . This year's weather is fucking insane.
  21. Shit? It had mud splattered all over the back of it from riding the XR a couple of weeks ago. That won't do for riding the GS to the Algarve later this month.
  22. I actually look better now, bald, than I did before. I had longish hair when it started to fall, so I ended up looking like a mix of a fat Einstein and Krusty the clown.
  23. Next time I want to fit some 70/30 or 50/50 I might go for MotoZ, these look to be a little bit less roady than my TKC70, being Dunlops they will probably smooth and safe on road
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Privacy Policy