Professor Wankstain's science thread

1 minute ago, Buckster said:

The contradiction between OT and NT don't exist, context is very important and Christs fulfillment of the law abrogates the required satisfaction for sin as he vicariously pays the price on the cross. Who exactly do you understand Jesus to be? Serious question. 

OK, I can understand that. There are numerous instances of Jesus contradicting the OT, each could be excused as above as it's a one size fits all argument. 

Jesus is the son of God. 

1 minute ago, Nute said:

OK, I can understand that. There are numerous instances of Jesus contradicting the OT, each could be excused as above as it's a one size fits all argument. 

Jesus is the son of God. 

Okay, time to leave this alone as it is firmly into the realm of religion now so outside of the forum guidelines.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Okay, time to leave this alone as it is firmly into the realm of religion now so outside of the forum guidelines.

And that people is a post of defeat if ever i did see one

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Six30 said:

And that people is a post of defeat if ever i did see one

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

So you want to discuss the redeeming grace of Christ, how the law is fulfilled, the purpose of man and the requirements for salvation?

14 minutes ago, Buckster said:

So you want to discuss the redeeming grace of Christ, how the law is fulfilled, the purpose of man and the requirements for salvation?

i know it all ... i watched Monty Phytons Life of Brian loads of times ....

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

What a peculiar person you are.

You have to keep in mind when dealing with Buckster....this guys goes to Harley rally with a trailer  in tow full of Bibles ,preaching to bikers...99.9 % try to avoid him....and the idiot think Harleys are the best bikes on the planet...He's not the sharpess tool in the shed...beleive I know from experience...

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Nute said:

Jesus is the son of God. 

No he isn't , he plays for Arsenal .

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

Where's @zzzak to throw some light on this?

I'll be along soon, just got up and about to bake a loaf of bread.

• Like 1

Nasa admits that we can't leave low Earth orbit, we can't do it now so how did they do it then, its the radiation belts.

D'oh.

By the way take a look at this and explain it, especially after seeing the green screen in the shuttle segment in the video I just posted.

d4cfa4f4bd2d16364f267e9ab3f4fc71-original.jpg.d4f1630c610344449887baccf89b9b84.jpg

Hey there Buckster , got a question for you, after Marco Polo travelled through Asia for 21 years (where he invented shirts and breath mints) why did the church have him jailed on his return, was it because he had found an advanced ancient civilisation that knew nothing about Jesus and the Bible and the church felt that their franchise was threatened or was it because he was drunk ?

Answers on a postcard.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zzzak said:

Hey there Buckster , got a question for you, after Marco Polo travelled through Asia for 21 years (where he invented shirts and breath mints) why did the church have him jailed on his return, was it because he had found an advanced ancient civilisation that knew nothing about Jesus and the Bible and the church felt that their franchise was threatened or was it because he was drunk ?

Answers on a postcard.

The Mongols were already aware of Christ and Christianity was present in the region. The Roman church was already far removed from Christianity by then.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buckster said:

The Mongols were already aware of Christ and Christianity was present in the region. The Roman church was already far removed from Christianity by then.

Good answer, Christianity was introduced to China during the Tang dynasty in the seventh century, probably by Syriac missionaries of Nestorian Christianity who traveled the Silk Road, the religion did not gain a wide foothold until Jesuit missionaries arrived in the 16th century.

Looks like the Jesuwits tagged along later to try and flummox the ancient seers.

Apart from the radiation there is also the heat.

The thermosphere is a region of very high temperature that extends from the top of the mesosphere at around 85 kilometers up to 640 kilometers above the Earth’s surface. It is called the thermosphere because temperatures spike to thermal levels

Temperatures are highly dependent on solar activity, and can rise to 2,000 °C (3,630 °F). Radiation causes the atmosphere particles in this layer to become electrically charged (see ionosphere), enabling radio waves to bounce off and be received beyond the horizon. In the exosphere, beginning at 500 to 1,000 kilometres (310 to 620 mi) above the Earth’s surface, the atmosphere turns into space.

The highly diluted gas in this layer can reach 2,500 °C (4,530 °F) during the day.

But the guys had watercooled spacesuits, hahahaha.

17 hours ago, Buckster said:

Antibiotic resistant bacteria, what did it evolve from? If you say another type of bacteria then that is a variation, not proof of evolution, evolution requires a change of type for it to be proven, that’s what it claims after all.

Speaking as someone with more than a passing interest in the mechanisms by which bacteria evade antibiotic intervention, this is pure gibberish.

When you say “Evolution requires a change of type for it to be proven, that’s what it claims after all” what exactly do you mean? Perhaps it would help if you started by clearly defining what you mean by ‘type’.

9 hours ago, zzzak said:

Apart from the radiation there is also the heat.

The thermosphere is a region of very high temperature that extends from the top of the mesosphere at around 85 kilometers up to 640 kilometers above the Earth’s surface. It is called the thermosphere because temperatures spike to thermal levels

Temperatures are highly dependent on solar activity, and can rise to 2,000 °C (3,630 °F). Radiation causes the atmosphere particles in this layer to become electrically charged (see ionosphere), enabling radio waves to bounce off and be received beyond the horizon. In the exosphere, beginning at 500 to 1,000 kilometres (310 to 620 mi) above the Earth’s surface, the atmosphere turns into space.

The highly diluted gas in this layer can reach 2,500 °C (4,530 °F) during the day.

But the guys had watercooled spacesuits, hahahaha.

Similar temperatures to the exhaust heat shield on an air cooled Harley then.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Similar temperatures to the exhaust heat shield on an air cooled Harley then.

Damn right, imagine what the Harleys pipes would be without a protective atmosphere, what would they be on the Moon ?

4 minutes ago, zzzak said:

Damn right, imagine what the Harleys pipes would be without a protective atmosphere, what would they be on the Moon ?

However a Harley rider survives these temperatures with the use of good quality denim, maybe the astronauts had Levi’s on under the suits.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

Speaking as someone with more than a passing interest in the mechanisms by which bacteria evade antibiotic intervention, this is pure gibberish.

When you say “Evolution requires a change of type for it to be proven, that’s what it claims after all” what exactly do you mean? Perhaps it would help if you started by clearly defining what you mean by ‘type’.

While we wait…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

While we wait…

If you’re bored of listening to me @Buckster I can always hand this one over to my 15 year old when he’s here later today. He’s revising for his GCSEs at the moment, and he’ll be able to straighten out your remedial grasp of evolutionary theory for you without any difficulty whatsoever.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

If you’re bored of listening to me @Buckster I can always hand this one over to my 15 year old when he’s here later today. He’s revising for his GCSEs at the moment, and he’ll be able to straighten out your remedial grasp of evolutionary theory for you without any difficulty whatsoever.

no dont do that ...he'll start sending custard chucker pictures to your boy !

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Six30 said:

More likely you will groom him as a new "nephew".

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

More likely you will groom him as a new "nephew".

Well if nothing else, somebody’s weekend is suddenly looking a lot more exciting than it was when he got up this morning… 

On 20/04/2024 at 07:27, Otto von Jizzmark said:

So @Buckster, I gave this one to my 15 year old this morning: "Evolution requires a change of type for it to be proven, that’s what it claims after all." His exact words were "Umm... what's a 'change of type' supposed to mean? Evolution is just random mutations leading to beneficial adaptations that get concentrated in the population. I think they're confusing evolution with speciation." 

BOOM! Schooled by a teenager. I knew my boy wouldn't let me down. 😉

Here endeth the lesson.

• Haha 2