Hardcore Shit with a Wet Foot!

The dog was due an oil and filter change after the last ride. Decided i'd ride the ridgeways to the heads of the valleys and back to warm it up it's about a 40 mile loop and quite scenic, it was cold and just started picking to rain as i left but i had my heated jacket and winter gloves on.Headed up onto my mountain where i came across a road closed sign in the middle of the road, i just went past that with my i'll decide if the road is closed on not head on

this is why it was closed 

IMG_1913.thumb.JPG.17d839c32c81efac2b4b604fb8ffd4a5.JPG

Not sure if there was ice around last night this is a steep hill with S bend on it you can see where the car hit the tree on the left in the above photo and the one below is looking back up from the car

IMG_1914.thumb.JPG.b985df9a922aa3537413eca63717d745.JPG

Almost lost the bike in the first big puddle on the byway and had to take a big dab ended up with a soaking wet foot and only 5 minutes in. As i headed to the ridgeway that runs from Bargoed to Pontlottyn the weather got colder and wetter if that's at all possible in Wales LOL

As i headed up onto the ridgeway rain turned to sleet then snow good job i wore the heated jacket as it was below freezing up here and my left foot was fecking freezing after the soaking.
IMG_1916.thumb.JPG.ff4a2ed6823328b5e91487671577f9b2.JPG

It was difficult to see where i was going even with the pin lock

IMG_1917.thumb.JPG.e646aedae5b3923f08d631fb4347710d.JPG

when i got to Pontlottyn i decided to head back across Merthyr ridgeway the original plan was to come back along a ridgeway further east but it looked brighter Merthyr way but it wasn't much better 

IMG_1923.thumb.JPG.995469d6731915fc6a9e691500dfb8f8.JPG

The horses here must be hard as nails

IMG_1921.thumb.JPG.fbd45f4105c1d85c5a1da200bbea0ac0.JPG

I got home slightly damp with a frozen foot but that was the only part of me that was cold, the roads are dry here there's a hell of a difference in weather in only about 9 miles as the crow flies. Oil and filter is done as well.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Nice one Fred .  Army issue mvp socks mate, you'll never get wet feet again 👍

My foot was wet because of the dab in the puddle at the start, it went over the top of my boot, the forma adventure boots keep the water out just not when it goes over the top LOL

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The dog was due an oil and filter change after the last ride. Decided i'd ride the ridgeways to the heads of the valleys and back to warm it up it's about a 40 mile loop and quite scenic, it was cold and just started picking to rain as i left but i had my heated jacket and winter gloves on.Headed up onto my mountain where i came across a road closed sign in the middle of the road, i just went past that with my i'll decide if the road is closed on not head on

this is why it was closed 

IMG_1913.thumb.JPG.17d839c32c81efac2b4b604fb8ffd4a5.JPG

Not sure if there was ice around last night this is a steep hill with S bend on it you can see where the car hit the tree on the left in the above photo and the one below is looking back up from the car

IMG_1914.thumb.JPG.b985df9a922aa3537413eca63717d745.JPG

Almost lost the bike in the first big puddle on the byway and had to take a big dab ended up with a soaking wet foot and only 5 minutes in. As i headed to the ridgeway that runs from Bargoed to Pontlottyn the weather got colder and wetter if that's at all possible in Wales LOL

As i headed up onto the ridgeway rain turned to sleet then snow good job i wore the heated jacket as it was below freezing up here and my left foot was fecking freezing after the soaking.
IMG_1916.thumb.JPG.ff4a2ed6823328b5e91487671577f9b2.JPG

It was difficult to see where i was going even with the pin lock

IMG_1917.thumb.JPG.e646aedae5b3923f08d631fb4347710d.JPG

when i got to Pontlottyn i decided to head back across Merthyr ridgeway the original plan was to come back along a ridgeway further east but it looked brighter Merthyr way but it wasn't much better 

IMG_1923.thumb.JPG.995469d6731915fc6a9e691500dfb8f8.JPG

The horses here must be hard as nails

IMG_1921.thumb.JPG.fbd45f4105c1d85c5a1da200bbea0ac0.JPG

I got home slightly damp with a frozen foot but that was the only part of me that was cold, the roads are dry here there's a hell of a difference in weather in only about 9 miles as the crow flies. Oil and filter is done as well.

I was going to post about how much it rained riding the 200kms home today after meeting up with Sofia in Alentejo, no point now 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I was going to post about how much it rained riding the 200kms home today after meeting up with Sofia in Alentejo, no point now 

Please do in my opinion rain is a lot worse than snow and i was only out a few hours

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Please do in my opinion rain is a lot worse than snow and i was only out a few hours

Don’t have any pictures of the rain, my phone was safe in my pocket under the rain pants. Will post a couple of pics but they’re all of yesterday and it was more or less sunny so nobody will believe me :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1