High Mileage CB500X

XTreme

Just seen this on FB......the guy is a courier in London with a 2018 model (17" front wheel).

405792913_7020227754689656_4070841772125345248_n.jpg.aeb454ffcfa4ce11b81019e8de3bd396.jpg

What's been done to it? 

"Problems so far, just changed Clutch once, Fork seals once, and the stator last July because the Battery was not loading anymore. Fuel gauge misreading slightly."

Apparently he's never even had the valves checked! But he does change the plugs once a year! :classic_laugh:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Just seen this on FB......the guy is a courier in London with a 2018 model (17" front wheel).

405792913_7020227754689656_4070841772125345248_n.jpg.aeb454ffcfa4ce11b81019e8de3bd396.jpg

What's been done to it? 

"Problems so far, just changed Clutch once, Fork seals once, and the stator last July because the Battery was not loading anymore. Fuel gauge misreading slightly."

Apparently he's never even had the valves checked! But he does change the plugs once a year! :classic_laugh:

Very impressive.  

20 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Hmmmmmmmmm, 50k a year , driving in London (average speed 5mph) and during the covid period ...........

200.gif?cid=cbd60c74qcr5f1pesw0iwxoohe05

Maybe he was riding it 48hours a day, 14 days a week and continuously 

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Hmmmmmmmmm, 50k a year , driving in London (average speed 5mph) and during the covid period ...........

Apparently he travels throughout Britain.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

That would be more like it .

Much as I like biking 50k a year on a bike is a hard living.    You would think it would almost be as practical doing it in a small van.   😳  Heater and radio 👍

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Saul said:

Much as I like biking 50k a year on a bike is a hard living.    You would think it would almost be as practical doing it in a small van.   😳  Heater and radio 👍

To be fair I was a motorcycle courier in 2012 I did nearly 7 months and covered just shy of 25k miles and that was me doing 4 days or so a week most weeks 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, busabeast said:

To be fair I was a motorcycle courier in 2012 I did nearly 7 months and covered just shy of 25k miles and that was me doing 4 days or so a week most weeks 

Was it worth it financially?   I had a mate who worked as a courier in London in the 1980's, who earnt loads but was burnt out after 18 months and never wanted to do it again.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Saul said:

Was it worth it financially?   I had a mate who worked as a courier in London in the 1980's, who earnt loads but was burnt out after 18 months and never wanted to do it again.  

It most definitely wasn't worth it, in the end I was in negative funds for just my fuel bill, they were giving us such low rates it was almost impossible to make any money. 

I'd leave the house at 5am get to the Isle of dogs for 6am then sometimes could wait 2 or 3 hours for a job to come through, but the catch was we couldn't sign on at home then ride in we had to ride to the Isle of dogs first and just wait around. Quite often I was actually effectively working for nothing

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, busabeast said:

It most definitely wasn't worth it, in the end I was in negative funds for just my fuel bill, they were giving us such low rates it was almost impossible to make any money. 

I'd leave the house at 5am get to the Isle of dogs for 6am then sometimes could wait 2 or 3 hours for a job to come through, but the catch was we couldn't sign on at home then ride in we had to ride to the Isle of dogs first and just wait around. Quite often I was actually effectively working for nothing

Did you run your own motorcycle and riding gear to do that? Doing those kinds of mileage you have to factor in buying a replacement bike every 3 to 4 years, along with proper gear to do it year round in the UK?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Did you run your own motorcycle and riding gear to do that? Doing those kinds of mileage you have to factor in buying a replacement bike every 3 to 4 years, along with proper gear to do it year round in the UK?

No it was a hire bike from the company, 65 quid a week for bike and insurance. 

The gear on the other hand was all my own gear, and I only had 1 set which was definitely not the way to do it

• Like 2

5 hours ago, boboneleg said:

During covid lockdown was the best time to be on the roads they were empty, probably the only time you would be able to get a speeding ticket in London LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Saul said:

I remember roads were empty down here, quite depressing when they lifted lockdown and we had to share again.   

They had the Army patrolling here!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Saul said:

I remember roads were empty down here, quite depressing when they lifted lockdown and we had to share again.   

Good times, when Covid had the roads more or less open for work reasons only, but the borders closed:

• Like 2