Capt. Hook's graveyard bimble

YamaHead

Couldn't pass up some decent weather this last weekend....so I was off for some exercise aboard the 'Goose.

Can't say enough about riding in NE Oregon....the views absolutely blow away just about anything on the left side of the state...

KwikDump019.thumb.jpg.ba6d66b53767135a2dee5262175bed8f.jpg

Heading out on the east side of Elgin....after crossing the Grand Ronde river & Gordon creek here....then the long gravel uphill to the cemetery....which reminded me of just how old I'm getting....lol  Fortunately, I persevered!....

KwikDump021.thumb.jpg.80f73413a9283aceca3433a594406809.jpg

Gotta be honest, @ this point I didn't have enough left in the tank to finish this climb as the cemetery is about halfway up this hill.....a destination for another time & then I'll get some pics of Mt. Harris. Needless to say, I definitely enjoyed the sprint back down this gravel hill....barely made the corner @ the bridge! Eventually eased up on the pace to stop for a water break here on the way home...

KwikDump023.thumb.jpg.c3a42e9560dc1803aff2d5a2010c8c61.jpg

My personal goal is to ride ALOT more so I can eventually justify buying a Yamaha eMtnBike & expand my range.

• Like 7

Get the electric now, it’ll increase your range instantly. A fast electric mountainbike feels like cheating (in a good way) once you see the speeds you’re doing uphill.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

That looks like hard work to me Scott!

Are you able to get a decent grip on the bars?

As long as I keep the rubber tension bands changed regularly....'bout due now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

Get the electric now, it’ll increase your range instantly. A fast electric mountainbike feels like cheating (in a good way) once you see the speeds you’re doing uphill.

Got a long-time friend w/ (2) eMtn bikes that I've had the opportunity to sample a coupla times.....that sparked me into upgrading my 'Goose with an hydraulic front brake...had to be 1 of thee most cost-effective bike upgrades I've ever done....$59 delivered to my door, for a bike that now can put you on your head (brakewise). I'm leaning more towards a fat-tire ebike with a mid-drive as they do pretty well in the snow, which we get a fair amount of every year. 😎

• Like 2