Slowly in the Pyrenees!

Slowlycatchymonkey

The last remaining rider left yesterday. 

Exhausting, but good times were had. 

After 14 consecutive days riding and 2500 miles (ish) down I am ready for a rest!

The Himalayan was flawless (although unsurprisingly boringly slow on the overtake 🙄) and I ran into problems when I discovered lowering it less than 2cm meant I couldn't lean far enough into the sharp inclined pyrenean bends without the centre stand fighting the tarmac, after a bit of swearing off that came but then the side stand decided to take over the scraping 😆 That meant slower on the sharp left bends than right 🤣 Gonna have to get the side stand shortened. 

Now I'm ready to sit in the sun for a couple of days. Dipped in the mediterranean sea today which was lovely and warm.

Might visit the Nerja Caves tomoz as they are only 20ish mins from here and it's been on my list for a while.

Might even try to take a pic. I have as usual failed on that front.. too busy enjoying myself 😂 

Did manage a few photos. A few off the balcony of little house we rented for a couple of nights, a lovely sight to wake up to! 😁

Couldn't find any accommodation in one place and it was starting to look we might be sleeping on our bikes 😬 but a MotoGp mechanic stepped up and invited us to stay, they had some great stories. We got invited for dinner with Austin Vince (as they were in the same area) but declined cos we were far too knackered to be any fun. Waved off my last guest yesterday who's meeting up with Steph Jeavons for some trail riding.

All in all in was an excellent trip. The Pyrenees are worth a week or two of anyones time. 

IMG_1260.thumb.jpeg.170c83684046e53d0e1a2f6febaed4f3.jpeg

IMG_1258.thumb.jpeg.9ba488fc3c4a1dd63ff7882290ff1675.jpeg

IMG_1253.thumb.jpeg.a1de919ed97eec596cd18fd92e05e784.jpeg

IMG_1236.thumb.jpeg.dc4e2417a74b2c1beaa815e1f83207b5.jpeg

IMG_1232.thumb.jpeg.c025486bc3712cfbee7d33d7f5c23f99.jpeg

IMG_1223.thumb.jpeg.7df2b22655bb552294c6d49aa885a049.jpeg

I realise this should probably be in the ride report section but now I've typed it all here I can't be arsed to move it 😆

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The last remaining rider left yesterday. 

Exhausting, but good times were had. 

After 14 consecutive days riding and 2500 miles (ish) down I am ready for a rest!

The Himalayan was flawless (although unsurprisingly boringly slow on the overtake 🙄) and I ran into problems when I discovered lowering it less than 2cm meant I couldn't lean far enough into the sharp inclined pyrenean bends without the centre stand fighting the tarmac, after a bit of swearing off that came but then the side stand decided to take over the scraping 😆 That meant slower on the sharp left bends than right 🤣 Gonna have to get the side stand shortened. 

Now I'm ready to sit in the sun for a couple of days. Dipped in the mediterranean sea today which was lovely and warm.

Might visit the Nerja Caves tomoz as they are only 20ish mins from here and it's been on my list for a while.

Might even try to take a pic. I have as usual failed on that front.. too busy enjoying myself 😂 

Did manage a few photos. A few off the balcony of little house we rented for a couple of nights, a lovely sight to wake up to! 😁

Couldn't find any accommodation in one place and it was starting to look we might be sleeping on our bikes 😬 but a MotoGp mechanic stepped up and invited us to stay, they had some great stories. We got invited for dinner with Austin Vince (as they were in the same area) but declined cos we were far too knackered to be any fun. Waved off my last guest yesterday who's meeting up with Steph Jeavons for some trail riding.

All in all in was an excellent trip. The Pyrenees are worth a week or two of anyones time. 

IMG_1260.thumb.jpeg.170c83684046e53d0e1a2f6febaed4f3.jpeg

IMG_1258.thumb.jpeg.9ba488fc3c4a1dd63ff7882290ff1675.jpeg

IMG_1253.thumb.jpeg.a1de919ed97eec596cd18fd92e05e784.jpeg

IMG_1236.thumb.jpeg.dc4e2417a74b2c1beaa815e1f83207b5.jpeg

IMG_1232.thumb.jpeg.c025486bc3712cfbee7d33d7f5c23f99.jpeg

IMG_1223.thumb.jpeg.7df2b22655bb552294c6d49aa885a049.jpeg

I realise this should probably be in the ride report section but now I've typed it all here I can't be arsed to move it 😆

Nice pics......and now moved to Ride Reports!

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I see that you had a t least one sensible rider with you  :classic_cool:

Rally.jpg.ce579f7c5dd70e918c11d357b2b4c324.jpg

Yer thought you'd approve, that's Julie Cool Terrorist's bike.

She spent the week before I arrived riding with Dai Jones cos she's thinking about doing the mini mondo. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yer thought you'd approve, that's Julie Cool Terrorist's bike.

She spent the week before I arrived riding with Dai Jones cos she's thinking about doing the mini mondo. 

Oh yes, I've ridden with him in the past in the Pyrenees at one of Austin's meets.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Too tall for my short arse self. I've been racking my brain trying to remember what the hell the little light bike was that @Sir Fallsalot recommended so I don't have to ask for a third time 😆

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Two weeks.. and bog off, no-one can follow your ride report, it's like being next on stage after a killer act to find you get booed off 😆

Forget About It Mr Mayor GIF by NBC

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Too tall for my short arse self. I've been racking my brain trying to remember what the hell the little light bike was that @Sir Fallsalot recommended so I don't have to ask for a third time 😆

In Spain you might find a dealer carrying Honda Montesa bikes. They are sweet!

• Like 1

They can be sold anywhere with a good Honda dealership, just not usually displayed on showrooms so use that to check them out.

Fit a sheep’s skin on top for road trips, they’re cool bikes!

9 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Tis the vicious insurance thats puts me off Spanish bikes. 

So to avoid that you spend shitloads of dosh transporting the Enfields back and fore to Britain for an MOT every year?

Confused Pulp Fiction GIF

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Tis the vicious insurance thats puts me off Spanish bikes. 

The UK insurance price is generally about 2/3rds less and I don't have to try and haggle in a third language. 

Sounds a bit like those expats that Pete complains about, living partly somewhere but at the same time not really living there, just acting like they're on two weeks holiday and forgetting about going back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

So to avoid that you spend shitloads of dosh transporting the Enfields back and fore to Britain for an MOT every year?

Confused Pulp Fiction GIF

That's a pleasure. Take a few days do a different route. 

But you have a point, why would I want to do that when I could ride round my home in small circles visiting dilapidated buildings and festering animal carcasses? 😆

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I cant remember myself are you sure it was me LOL

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

why would I want to do that when I could ride round my home in small circles visiting dilapidated buildings and festering animal carcasses?

Still waiting for you and Mr Slowly to venture over this way!