Another Weekend!

XTreme

Weather looks decent enough here......late 20's and sunny........so I'll be Styling and Profiling!

But my wings are still clipped as no entering other provinces is still in place!

What are you guys up to.......cos it's about time we saw some ride reports from you lot!

• Like 1

I have three guys from Ohio arriving tomorrow - after their 1,300 miles of shit riding across the Midwest (Kansas sucks more than anything in the World) in two days. They'll stay here for a night or two before continuing on westward.

Will probably ride with them for a bit Sunday before splitting off and returning home.

Pics to follow, of course.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Earache said:

I have three guys from Ohio arriving tomorrow - after their 1,300 miles of shit riding across the Midwest (Kansas sucks more than anything in the World). They'll stay here for a night opr two before continuing on westward.

Will probably ride with them for a bit Sunday before splitting off and returning home.

Pics to follow, of course.

1300 miles? ?

To give you a perspective that's about the distance between the south coast of Spain on the Mediterranean to the north coast of France and the English Channel.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

1300 miles? ?

To give you a perspective that's about the distance between the south coast of Spain on the Mediterranean to the north coast of France and the English Channel.

Yeah, it's a bit of a hike to do in 2 days. I've done that ride many times and wouldn't be looking forward to it at all.

Well, I had planned to ride further into the British Columbian wilderness on a trail I'm working on, but with my ride needing a new front brake line, it looks like a maintenance week-end.  I am excited though, this maintenance job will allow me to tidy up some of the wiring and give the bike a good clean. ?  (Trying to look on the bright side, but I would rather be riding) 

34 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Well, I had planned to ride further into the British Columbian wilderness on a trail I'm working on, but with my ride needing a new front brake line, it looks like a maintenance week-end.  I am excited though, this maintenance job will allow me to tidy up some of the wiring and give the bike a good clean. ?  (Trying to look on the bright side, but I would rather be riding) 

Keep an eye open for a couple of ride reports from me.........after 9 weeks incarcerated I'm grabbing every opportunity I can!

• Like 2

Well, its a weekend, get my ski mask, and gatt, head downtown with a pallet of bricks and go shopping, anyone need a rolex? :classic_ninja:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tym said:

Well, its a weekend, get my ski mask, and gatt, head downtown with a pallet of bricks and go shopping, anyone need a rolex? :classic_ninja:

Any disturbances where you are?

Lyon and back tomorrow to go see brother in law, autoroute all the way crap weather so a nearly 6 hour round trip in the car... yippee..! ( I actually quite like driving my car so it could be worse. 

maybe get out sunday for an hour or so of saddle time. 

Just now, MooN said:

Lyon and back tomorrow to go see brother in law, autoroute all the way crap weather so a nearly 6 hour round trip in the car... yippee..! ( I actually quite like driving my car so it could be worse. 

maybe get out sunday for an hour or so of saddle time. 

I thought you were restricted to 100km radius Chris?

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I thought you were restricted to 100km radius Chris?

That was lifted on 2nd June and in any case this is a neccessary visit to a family member " at risk" and unable to deconfine for health reasons. which would entittle one of us to go visit and do what needs doing, as it is I can take Madame with me. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Any disturbances where you are?

So far im still the biggest problem these people have :littleguy:

• Haha 2

I came to my place for the weekend today, nice cool 23 or 24 for most of the trip, got home, got Maria's car warmed up and went for fruit on it, fixed the toilet, washed my summer jacket, nice day today. Just had dinner, a little bit of goat's cheese, a simple pea sort of curry dish, and too much white wine, got a buzz going and feeling fine.

IMG_7650.thumb.jpeg.bc2fb582086cee7fcd3ff4bd2a394d79.jpeg

IMG_7652.thumb.jpeg.b8950ee7f298c7941d26efc99d76c6ab.jpeg

Tomorrow, I'll ride to the hills, and maybe even go to lunch on my favourite restaurant. This area is Portugal's Covid hotspot, so won't go near town. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

Keep an eye open for a couple of ride reports from me.........after 9 weeks incarcerated I'm grabbing every opportunity I can!

Have fun! I feel like I am paying now, for the fact that I could ride through all this trouble. Looking forward to your ride reports.

• Like 1

no riding for me this weekend, the Tiger snapped the rear axle on my way to work and had to come home on a trailer. We've added it to our own BBC, aka Broken British Collection . Triumph parts are a bit hard to find out here in the sticks, and oddly that axle is being hard go find on the internet. 

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Clive said:

3 weeks as of yesterday!?

Wonder how long into retirement  before I really get on my wife's nerves?....I give it about 3 weeks?

I think you'll be going stir crazy......because when you've spent all your life with things to do it won't seem normal.

During the Lockdown, despite still having to be available for clients, I didn't know what to do with myself.

After a month it got too much so I did this place! It wouldn't ever have existed without Covid 19.

1 minute ago, Clive said:

I will see?

I won't miss the getting up at 2.15am to drive down the M1...M25...M3 and M4

Thought about getting a cheap old ?️ to tinker with......then I realized I already have one!?

You want a nice V-Strom you do!

No Excuse™ for  warranty service like that .....Anyone remember when Dirty Bill dumped his motor in front of Suzuki of Canada's corporate offices? Little Guy does...:littleguy:

• Like 1