New exhaust time

Buckster

As much as I like the sound of my exhaust, it is a bit of a pain for touring, especially with the trailer as sound is reflected back at me. I certainly cannot risk going abroad with the bike with the current set up. I also know I am sacrificing torque for horsepower. Unfortunately I cannot just switch silencers as the headers are two inch on the Rinehart system currently on the bike as opposed to one and three quarter inch as per standard. So I am ordering a set of S&S Power Tune dual headers and for now will use some standard silencers I have in my storage unit, it’s going to be very quiet, which the neighbours will no doubt like, I will gain a little bit of torque and lose a little bit of horsepower. Later on I will fit some after market silencers when I find ones I like. The added bonus is that the left hand header will be away from the passenger foot peg which is currently a challenge for the occasional lady pillion passenger.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Buckster said:

As much as I like the sound of my exhaust, it is a bit of a pain for touring, especially with the trailer as sound is reflected back at me. I certainly cannot risk going abroad with the bike with the current set up. I also know I am sacrificing torque for horsepower. Unfortunately I cannot just switch silencers as the headers are two inch on the Rinehart system currently on the bike as opposed to one and three quarter inch as per standard. So I am ordering a set of S&S Power Tune dual headers and for now will use some standard silencers I have in my storage unit, it’s going to be very quiet, which the neighbours will no doubt like, I will gain a little bit of torque and lose a little bit of horsepower. Later on I will fit some after market silencers when I find ones I like. The added bonus is that the left hand header will be away from the passenger foot peg which is currently a challenge for the occasional lady pillion passenger.

Art Gay GIF by Jonathan Rosen

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Six30 said:

Art Gay GIF by Jonathan Rosen

Why are you in this section? This section is for people who ride motorcycles not for those that take their motorcycles on holiday in a van.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

Why are you in this section? This section is for people who ride motorcycles not for those that take their motorcycles on holiday in a van.

Tom Cruise 80S GIF

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Buckster said:

It must be loud has F ...with 2 inch  true duals   headers and Rinehart muflers...I will be keeping the stock setup on mine with the cat in place...the bassani were not annoying at all on the trip...just a low mellow rumble and the droning wasn't bad at all...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Marcel said:

It must be loud has F ...with 2 inch  true duals   headers and Rinehart muflers...I will be keeping the stock setup on mine with the cat in place...the bassani were not annoying at all on the trip...just a low mellow rumble and the droning wasn't bad at all...

It is loud, even the Harley dealers comment on how loud it is, it has a deep rumble but it really barks when you get on the gas. It’s tiring on a long run though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marcel said:

So your fitting a snowmobile exhaust on your bike...I believe S&S is owned by Polaris...

That 70S Show Lol GIF by Peacock

You live in a fantasy world. 

13 minutes ago, Marcel said:

It's even worse ...owned by a roller coaster company ..sansei corp. ..sounds chinese..

What are you talking about, its a privately held company.