Time to get the trailer ready

Buckster

Heading to a Harley rally down in Derbyshire on the 8th, I have to get a few bits done on the trailer and get it ready to go. Roll on the comments from you lot sitting at home in your pizza stained pyjamas dreaming of a life you never had.

• Haha 3

This whole concept of "one make only" Rallies and Meet Ups doesn't sit well with me!

Seems to be mainly Harley and BMW that do this sort of elitist shit.

I suppose it's because the Beemer guys will have more company on the recovery truck, while the Harley guys can dress up like Sonny Barger and then sodomise each other senseless.

I think I'll stick with my little Honda and not break down and not get my anus stretched.

200.gif?cid=fe0b1d24h56994jgb3isjcebkdev

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

This whole concept of "one make only" Rallies and Meet Ups doesn't sit well with me!

I suppose it's because the Beemer guys will have more company on the recovery truck, while the Harley guys can dress up like Sonny Barger and then sodomise each other senseless.

I think I'll stick with my little Honda and not break down and not get my anus stretched.

200.gif?cid=fe0b1d24h56994jgb3isjcebkdev

One word “midgets”.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Buckster said:

Heading to a Harley rally down in Derbyshire on the 8th, I have to get a few bits done on the trailer and get it ready to go. Roll on the comments from you lot sitting at home in your pizza stained pyjamas dreaming of a life you never had.

So whats the trailer like to ride with and how have you had to adjust your riding?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

So whats the trailer like to ride with and how have you had to adjust your riding?

I have to remember it’s there as I can’t feel it and remember that speed limits are 10mph less than posted in 60 and 70 areas.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I have to remember it’s there as I can’t feel it and remember that speed limits are 10mph less than posted in 60 and 70 areas.

How much weight do you haul in it? Show us  a pic of it fully loaded if you can,

2 hours ago, Earache said:

How much weight do you haul in it? Show us  a pic of it fully loaded if you can,

In the UK the weight you’re allowed to haul is dependant on your bike. I can’t remember exactly, something like 50% of the bikes weight I think. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

In the UK the weight you’re allowed to haul is dependant on your bike. I can’t remember exactly, something like 50% of the bikes weight I think. 

So that'd be like 300-400 lbs of stuff. Quite a bit. Don't think I'll ever need to carry that much stuff on a bike as I don't camp. Would be nice to have some extra space though.

• Like 2

Just now, Earache said:

So that'd be like 300-400 lbs of stuff. Quite a bit. Don't think I'll ever need to carry that much stuff on a bike as I don't camp. Would be nice to have some extra space though.

I’m prone to forgetting that sort of thing. If the trailer wasn’t visible in my mirrors it wouldn’t be long before daydream mode got me into serious trouble 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Earache said:

6 dead children if a couple are fat little fuckers or 9 if they little runty kids .

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What about the handling, round corners etc?

Dont feel it, just need to make sure to stay a bit further out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Earache said:

The max limit for a motorcycle trailer is 150kg, trailer weighs 30kg empty. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

I went to a BMW owners club meeting once, only once mind you.    I wasn’t the right type for that sort of thing.    Did love my old Beamers though.   

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

The max limit for a motorcycle trailer is 150kg, trailer weighs 30kg empty. 

It's 150kg or 2/3rds of your bikes kerbside weight, whichever is lightest. 

So most Harley's would be 150kg but on low weight bike it would be less. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Trailer pictures soon! Are you all excited?

Oh very....show us what you're packing inside the trailer. 

Since your the only sensible one who actually rides a real motorcycle not some wing Wong piece of crap...I can get you a Tshirt from laconia 100th anniversary...want one ?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Oh very....show us what you're packing inside the trailer. 

Since your the only sensible one who actually rides a real motorcycle not some wing Wong piece of crap...I can get you a Tshirt from laconia 100th anniversary...want one ?

Sure, x-large please.

• Like 1