Overtake …

Six30

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

He was too close to the car......plus she should have anticipated the car was going to make a move first.

Totally agree with that, far too close to make a safe overtake.

True true but also technically the car driver should have looked in his mirrors and checked his blind spot before the manoeuvre. 

Then again what my pops oft said to us about the roads when we were growing up - "its not who's right, it's who's left."

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

True true but also technically the car driver should have looked in his mirrors and checked his blind spot before the manoeuvre. 

Don't be silly , it's a twat in a van .  They have no idea what indicators and mirrors ar for ...............

Dougie Payne Reaction GIF by Travis

• Haha 3

You're responsible for your own safety when overtaking like that, not too close but the motorcyclist started closing back in without due attention. If you're riding a way faster vehicle than the one in front you assume the one in front doesn't know you're in a faster one.

The error is in not buying a nice boxer 1200 with torque on tap to do that overtake safely in ignorant bliss. Buy a shit bike and you're still ignorant but clearly not in bliss anymore.

• Haha 1

In the UK the rules is the RULES. You are responsible for any change in direction or speed.

They state repeatedly mirror, signal, manoeuvre. The person that knocked them off didn't check. 

But yer a nice boxer would have been the biz.

12 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

In the UK the rules is the RULES. You are responsible for any change in direction or speed.

They state repeatedly mirror, signal, manoeuvre. The person that knocked them off didn't check. 

But yer a nice boxer would have been the biz.

I repeat, you are responsible (not to the law, to yourself as in being responsible to what you're doing) when you're passing, more so when on a bike which is easily missed on mirrors. Nobody ever felt better when in a hospital bed saying "it's not my fault"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I repeat, you are responsible (not to the law, to yourself as in being responsible to what you're doing) when you're passing, more so when on a bike which is easily missed on mirrors. Nobody ever felt better when in a hospital bed saying "it's not my fault"

In that case m'dear I repeat 

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Then again what my pops oft said to us about the roads when we were growing up - "its not who's right, it's who's left."

• Like 3

How long will this 'repeating ' go on for .................

asking for a friend :classic_unsure:

• Haha 1