Carmina Burrana from the POV of the Timpani.

zzzak

At its largest, Carmina employs a chorus of 200 or more voices, an orchestra of 100 players and a children's choir of 50 or more, plus three soloists (soprano, tenor and baritone).

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, zzzak said:

At its largest, Carmina employs a chorus of 200 or more voices, an orchestra of 100 players and a children's choir of 50 or more, plus three soloists (soprano, tenor and baritone).

sam winchester yawn GIF

1 hour ago, zzzak said:

When I was younger I sang with the Plymouth Philharmonic Chorus for a season.  That season they were presenting Carmina Burana, I remember those practices fondly, they were a 160 strong choir and to be amongst that on full song was something very special.  I only lasted one season as I didn't really fit in with the social side of things.    I wasn't really posh enough, loving the music was not enough to be accepted in those circles, which was a pity, hellofva choir though.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Saul said:

When I was younger I sang with the Plymouth Philharmonic Chorus for a season.  That season they were presenting Carmina Burana, I remember those practices fondly, they were a 160 strong choir and to be amongst that on full song was something very special.  I only lasted one season as I didn't really fit in with the social side of things.    I wasn't really posh enough, loving the music was not enough to be accepted in those circles, which was a pity, hellofva choir though.

My missus was in a choir a good few years ago, but she left after a while because of all the snobbery and politics! It was a shame because she really enjoyed singing in the choir. 

• Like 2

This is the choir my son (Paolo) sings in , the Gurt Lush Choir.  In this clip he is about 4th on the right from the conductor (in skeleton suit), he is wearing a black shirt and red tie

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

This is the choir my son (Paolo) sings in , the Gurt Lush Choir.  In this clip he is about 4th on the right from the conductor (in skeleton suit), he is wearing a black shirt and red tie

When they finished the song did it turn in to a mass swingers party 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tango said:

My missus was in a choir a good few years ago, but she left after a while because of all the snobbery and politics! It was a shame because she really enjoyed singing in the choir. 

I have been in several choirs over the years, hot bed of squabbling and fall out, more so in mixed choirs.  I have zero tolerance for that sort of thing so don't hang around if I get grief, I am quite prone to a flounce 🤣.  The posher the choir the worst in my experience.   I have been a member of Mevagissey Male Choir for the longest and still am.   I am a soloist with them as well as one of the stronger basses.    I have been in several groups that have broken up for various reasons, not always bitching.  Its a fantastic hobby and very good for your mental health.   I have been many places on tour.   I just love singing and always will but don't worry I wont bother any of you with it 🤣   

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

No problem in Gurt Lush, there's no posh fuckers amongst that lot.  Proper Bristolians hence,  the name of the choir :classic_biggrin:

Sounds like my sort of choir.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saul said:

I have been in several choirs over the years, hot bed of squabbling and fall out, more so in mixed choirs.  I have zero tolerance for that sort of thing so don't hang around if I get grief, I am quite prone to a flounce 🤣.  The posher the choir the worst in my experience.   I have been a member of Mevagissey Male Choir for the longest and still am.   I am a soloist with them as well as one of the stronger basses.    I have been in several groups that have broken up for various reasons, not always bitching.  Its a fantastic hobby and very good for your mental health.   I have been many places on tour.   I just love singing and always will but don't worry I wont bother any of you with it 🤣   

Post some vids up Saul, if you have any. I love some vocal harmonies even if I don't know the tune.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Post some vids up Saul, if you have any. I love some vocal harmonies even if I don't know the tune.

Careful what you ask for 🤣🤣🤣  Christmas 11 years ago     I am the Behold guy 🤣

• Like 4