Just 4 days ago

Saul

28 minutes ago, Saul said:

Horizontal rain and blowing bell tink. 

Fake news mate, my aunt lives in Torpoint and she is always telling me that weather is always glorious in Cornwall! 😉😂😂😂. And that's aside from it being the centre of the known universe too! 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Tango said:

Fake news mate, my aunt lives in Torpoint and she is always telling me that weather is always glorious in Cornwall! 😉😂😂😂. And that's aside from it being the centre of the known universe too! 😂😂😂

When you live on our narrow little peninsula it is quite possible to have 4 seasons in one day.    Tis clearing now but still blowing up rough 

IMG_8009.jpg

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Saul said:

When you live on our narrow little peninsula it is quite possible to have 4 seasons in one day.    Tis clearing now but still blowing up rough 

IMG_8009.jpg

I'll need to check with my aunt, because this goes against all she tells me. 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

When you do tell her Torpoint is the asshole of Cornwall 🤣    I dread us going to a call there at work.     I did work there at Thancks Tanks, Naval Avgas storage facility years ago.  Not a pleasant place. 

I made the mistake of going out there one New Years, saw some fantastic new years fighting in the street.    One that comes to mind was one drunken serviceman trying to headbut another whilst wearing a Giraffe costume.    Hard to explain but the guys head was halfway down the neck of the costume so when he tried to drop the nut the stuffed head about 18 inches above his real one swung in a massive arc.  You had to be there really but trust me it was very funny.  

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Tym said:

Looks like a great beach to go free diving from, nice shoreline to be sure. Do you have to pay to park, asking for Pedro. :littleguy:

It's bloody Cornwall mate you have you pay to breathe let alone park.  🤣

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Saul said:

When you do tell her Torpoint is the asshole of Cornwall 🤣    I dread us going to a call there at work.     I did work there at Thancks Tanks, Naval Avgas storage facility years ago.  Not a pleasant place. 

I made the mistake of going out there one New Years, saw some fantastic new years fighting in the street.    One that comes to mind was one drunken serviceman trying to headbut another whilst wearing a Giraffe costume.    Hard to explain but the guys head was halfway down the neck of the costume so when he tried to drop the nut the stuffed head about 18 inches above his real one swung in a massive arc.  You had to be there really but trust me it was very funny.  

Thats why they always stick people in fancy dress costumes for fight scenes, bet it was bloody hilarious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Thats why they always stick people in fancy dress costumes for fight scenes, bet it was bloody hilarious. 

It was it seemed like half the street went down laughing at the performance.      Another time I stayed there Saturday overnight with a friend, I decided to run off my hangover in the morning, still in my rugby days so I could actually run then.  Whilst going down towards the ferry slip I saw a chap looking very bleary eyed coming out the back of some council flats doing the walk of shame.  What I thought was quite unusual was the chap was still in full Saltash rugby kit covered in mud from the day before carrying his boots.    Saltash is a fair way from Torpoint and I bet he had had an interesting Saturday night.  I would have loved to know the story but did not think it was a good time to ask. 🤣

• Haha 5