What brand bike wouldn't you buy?

Pedro

Most of us have our favorite manufacturers of motorcycles, I tend to like BMWs with boxer engines, most Hondas, Harleys, Kawasakis, KTM and Husqvarna offroad bikes, some Ducatis, etc, I appreciate most non chinese brands.

What I am curious is about what bike brands wouldn't you buy? Although I like Sofia's bike, I think I wouldn't buy a Triumph, I dislike their dealers here in Portugal, BOTH of them, and to be honest some details in their bikes just seem to rub me off the wrong way.

• Thanks 1

I like to think that I'm not a bike snob, i've owned lots of different makes of bikes.  In recent years I've had a lot of european bikes, some good, some not so but at the moment I have three 'Jap' bikes.

Nowadays your bike could be built anywhere, I have a Yamaha that was built in France, a Suzuki that was built in Japan and a Honda that was built in Thailand :classic_blink:

4 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I like to think that I'm not a bike snob, i've owned lots of different makes of bikes.  In recent years I've had a lot of european bikes, some good, some not so but at the moment I have three 'Jap' bikes.

Nowadays your bike could be built anywhere, I have a Yamaha that was built in France, a Suzuki that was built in Japan and a Honda that was built in Thailand :classic_blink:

Suzuki seem to have stuck with building their bikes in Japan more than the others.

Stroms have always been built there.

If I were to buy a Japanese bike today to have along with the GS, it would either be a Kawasaki GTR, a Yamaha T700, or a Kawasaki Z900.

I mean the pretty Z900 with the nice paint and cushy seat, not the Z900 that looks like it was taken out of an apocalypse zombie movie.

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

Suzuki seem to have stuck with building their bikes in Japan more than the others.

Stroms have always been built there.

All Suzuki's under 200cc are built in China now.

8 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

All Suzuki's under 200cc are built in China now.

Budget stuff for Asian markets I expect.

The only Suzukis I'd buy is the Strom and the DR.......but we haven't had those for years.

15 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

My DR650 is still my favourite bike, wether the T700 will overtake it remains to be seen .

Yeh.....great bike!

7 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

Ditto, and Goldwings

I get that, but I loved riding a Goldwing a few years ago. It's a great engine and weirdly fun to ride, in a guilty pleasure sort of way.