+ 5 BHP

Saul

Not really just some stick on decoration.    I am quite partial to the look of knee pads if they do anything practical or even stay on is yet to be seen.  Oh and if I have missed a bit cleaning it I don't really care 😉🤣

34614469_TankPads.thumb.jpg.c5824b88ae77d1d7abfa87e85f71ca77.jpg

• Like 6

Yeah they are RE ones.  The only attach at one point so not for throwing over on really but they keep the wind and wet off your hands.   I got them from India on ebay half the price you pay here.  They came in a RE box and had the RE part numbers and Hologram on them so they see legit.  Just ordered some RE crash bars from the same guy.  

• Like 1

I have the RE engine guards from RE and they’re petty good for stretching your legs on on extended rides 😂

The hand guards I’ve not bothered with but am changing my mind. 

Apart from a dumbass gluing a grip weirdly that caused a clutch issue, Today I’ve finished riding my Himalayan to n from Andalucia for the fourth time with no problem. 
Is been a delight. Just does what it does the unobtrusive way it likes to. 

• Like 3

I had the idea to mount some spotlights  to the crash bars, which I may or may not do, just thinking.   Not to worried about getting 3 point  ones as I don't see myself doing any serious off roading to need that.    

Regarding the hand guards, a chap I work with has them on his Vstrom and swears by them for the winter.   We were chatting about heated grips and he said to try hand guards first.   I like them so far, but I also have some Oxford Rhino mitts that I bought for another bike that I never used, that I can try.

Thats good to hear about your Himalayan, I know its early days but I am chuffed to bits with mine.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I have the RE engine guards from RE and they’re petty good for stretching your legs on on extended rides 😂

The hand guards I’ve not bothered with but am changing my mind. 

Apart from a dumbass gluing a grip weirdly that caused a clutch issue,l today I’ve finished riding my Himalayan to n from Andalucia for the fourth time with no problem. 
Is been a delight. Just does what it does the unobtrusive way it likes to. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295062014984

17 minutes ago, Saul said:

I had the idea to mount some spotlights  to the crash bars, which I may or may not do, just thinking.   Not to worried about getting 3 point  ones as I don't see myself doing any serious off roading to need that.    

Regarding the hand guards, a chap I work with has them on his Vstrom and swears by them for the winter.   We were chatting about heated grips and he said to try hand guards first.   I like them so far, but I also have some Oxford Rhino mitts that I bought for another bike that I never used, that I can try.

Thats good to hear about your Himalayan, I know its early days but I am chuffed to bits with mine.  

Hand guards work even better with heated grips i can get away with summer gloves almost 12 months of the year I use the MITs as well if got a trip away a I think its going to rain 

• Like 4

Good to know.   First time I have had a longer commuting to do on a bike, 32 miles.  Always be less than 10 miles before so not time to get really cold in the winter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saul said:

Good to know.   First time I have had a longer commuting to do on a bike, 32 miles.  Always be less than 10 miles before so not time to get really cold in the winter.

I found heated grips made the difference between staying out or heading home on a ride, first things to get cold on me is my fingers but not anymore 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Saul said:

Heated grips work well, but if you're using proper winter gloves they'll also isolate your palms from the grips. I would go for heated gloves or heated mitts if commuting in proper cold. 

• Like 1

Or: heated grips with mitts, then when out of winter you don't use the mitts and still have heated grips.

It's not like all other three seasons in the UK are exactly warm.

7 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I use heated grips and thick winter gloves or mitts.
The grips on the highest setting still work well. 
Too well on the Bandit I ended up with burns on the centre of my palms on one cold ride 😂

you are allowed to adjust them you know LOL

• Haha 4