Loobman

Saul

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Bear in mind that stock chains on most bikes are now of very poor quality compared to before or aftermarket brands.

I like that you pump the thing before riding. Scottoiler is a smart thing but depends on the oil's fluidity to adjust flow. It´ll flow a lot more in summer if you don't adjust it. I learned the when fitting a scottoiler to my Transalp and stashing the reservoir nice and out of sight under the seat. As soon as it got up in temperature from the engine heat on a longer ride it emptied all of the oil in 10 minutes and flung it all over the back of the bike, the back of my jeans and jacket. Cool stuff!

Yeah I realise that stock chains could be better, to be fair I haven't had to adjust mine yet and I am nearly a 1000 miles into using it.    So it hasn't stretched yet.   I like that I can control when the oil comes out of the Loobman but also am aware that oil viscosity changes with temperature not that it ever gets that hot here really.    I am going to experiment with chainsaw bar oil in the summer but I have quite alot of different oils in the shed accumulated over the years.  It just grips my shit that the chain flash rusts, never had that in the past when I just oiled the chain regularly, I think I just trusted the aerosol lube and its promises to much, it also grips my shit that it is £15 a tin. 

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

I quite like the look of this set up if I can't get on with the Loobman, which to be fair seemed a bit Heath Robinson when I was fitting it but seems to work well.

https://tutorochainoiler.com/

patrol_kit_with_manual_345x345@2x.webp

Nope.....chains....lube.... lost on me?. 😂 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Six30 said:

yeh right ..like you dont know what lube is

gay men GIF

Took you a full week to think of that?

sign language alzheimers GIF by Sign with Robert

• Haha 3