Bike in a box

Saul

Here is a bike in a box i bought back in 2011 from Ebay.  I bought from a company in Portsmouth for £700 delivered.  I had to build it and register it myself but I think it was a bargain.  I commuted on it for 3 years and put 12,000 miles on it then sold it on for £400.    In fact I think this photo is. one that I took to advertise it for sale.    It is obviously a CG125 clone and my last bike before the Himalayan.    To be completely honest I really enjoyed it, only thing was that it would only do 58 flat out and not really fast enough to keep up with traffic.  So you always felt a bit vulnerable.  

DSCF4618.thumb.JPG.5dc6e9dc623d9fc360098ab0f09a3d30.JPG

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Saul said:

Here is a bike in a box i bought back in 2011 from Ebay.  I bought from a company in Portsmouth for £700 delivered.  I had to build it and register it myself but I think it was a bargain.  I commuted on it for 3 years and put 12,000 miles on it then sold it on for £400.    In fact I think this photo is. one that I took to advertise it for sale.    It is obviously a CG125 clone and my last bike before the Himalayan.    To be completely honest I really enjoyed it, only thing was that it would only do 58 flat out and not really fast enough to keep up with traffic.  So you always felt a bit vulnerable.  

DSCF4618.thumb.JPG.5dc6e9dc623d9fc360098ab0f09a3d30.JPGHer is a bike in a box I bought back in 2011

Were parts available?

Yes in plentiful supply, anything from a early CG125 would fit it.   In fact lots of the parts on it were stamped CG125, even though it was a Sukida SK125.  I remember that I could have bought a 150 motor for with carb brand new in a box for £395, of course not really worth it but it was possible.  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Saul said:

Yes in plentiful supply, anything from a early CG125 would fit it.   In fact lots of the parts on it were stamped CG125, even though it was a Sukida SK125.  I remember that I could have bought a 150 motor for with carb brand new in a box for £395, of course not really worth it but it was possible.  

How did you end up having such a long break between the Sukida and RE?

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Always is.

True dat.   Part of the reason I decided to go back to biking now was that I felt if I didn't do it soon I never would.  I had a health scare last year and that put a few things into perspective.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Saul said:

True dat.   Part of the reason I decided to go back to biking now was that I felt if I didn't do it soon I never would.  I had a health scare last year and that put a few things into perspective.  

Nothing like a health care to make folk take stock is there. Apart from the horror of the health scare quite a lot of good can come out of it. 

You all fixed now?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Saul said:

Yeah stents done, lot fitter and smaller.   Plus consuming much less crap. 👍

Oh yes thats a proper warning shot across the bow isnt it, just signing the consent for stents is enough to make you contemplate your fate!

Glad it turned out well for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Saul said:

Exactly!

As you get older you've got to just go for it......you're in The Last Chance Saloon!

Bit like this forum really!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Saul said:

DSCF4618.thumb.JPG.5dc6e9dc623d9fc360098ab0f09a3d30.JPG

So about the same amount of power as Pete’s bike then.

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, XTreme said:

As you get older you've got to just go for it......you're in The Last Chance Saloon!

Or you can spend your time whining about your work load and dodging puddles 

boring-boring-meme.gif.29d33c97bc483961dbbf37da64fcad0e.gif

• Haha 3