Tyre choice

Buckster

25 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I am close to needing a front tyre for the Glide, has anyone got any experience with Avon Cobra?

Check out www.tractortyres.com

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Pedro said:

No, but cool name!

You use different fronts and rears?

I will go for the same rear when I am ready, I have Commander II’s on at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

I am close to needing a front tyre for the Glide, has anyone got any experience with Avon Cobra?

these on ebay , two fronts and and two rear,  good reviews

s-l1600.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Buckster said:

I will go for the same rear when I am ready, I have Commander II’s on at the moment.

Michelin is usually good rubber for European roads, more so when rain is involved. What don't you like about them?

8 hours ago, Pedro said:

Michelin is usually good rubber for European roads, more so when rain is involved. What don't you like about them?

They lack a bit of feel in the wet.

I like the mitas terra force fitted on the ktm.. Good overall traction..they're not wearing out at and extremely fast pace... I won't be doing  any hardcore off road with this bike... So I'll probably be replacing them again with the same.... 

43 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I like the mitas terra force fitted on the ktm.. Good overall traction..they're not wearing out at and extremely fast pace... I won't be doing  any hardcore off road with this bike... So I'll probably be replacing them again with the same.... 

Sounds like Chinese shite.

2 hours ago, Marcel said:

Are those the O/E fitment for your bike Marcel ?  Mitas make great enduro/trail tyres  👍

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Are those the O/E fitment for your bike Marcel ?  Mitas make great enduro/trail tyres  👍

Yes o/e..... It would be overkill for a gay ass Harley.... No way in hell they would even come close to v rating for high speed... 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

First impressions of the Cobra Chrome are good, it is less susceptible to tracking and I have already started scraping the floorboards. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Buckster said:

First impressions of the Cobra Chrome are good, it is less susceptible to tracking and I have already started scraping the floorboards. 

Yebbut, your floorboards are only 3 inches off the ground

uh-huh-nods.gif.d15bc7df368fd5e441e8c7ee26cd3d1c.gif

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Yebbut, your floorboards are only 3 inches off the ground

uh-huh-nods.gif.d15bc7df368fd5e441e8c7ee26cd3d1c.gif

But you gotta bear in mind all that trail braking that's going on Bob!

Confused Ryan Reynolds GIF

• Haha 2