Electric vehicles

Six30

Listening to a radio yesterday and the Electric car mob not happy …  because of all the revenue the government is going to lose when petrol and diesel is no more they need to get this from somewhere else so …. They are on about charging electric cars per mile :rofl:

who saw this coming :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm not against electric vehicles per se, but the electricity has to come from somewhere and, unless it's from renewable sources,  it's not as green as is being suggested. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tango said:

I'm not against electric vehicles per se, but the electricity has to come from somewhere and, unless it's from renewable sources,  it's not as green as is being suggested. 

However, there's a point to be made regarding public health about moving car pollution away from crowded places and into electricity production locations. I agree with what you're saying, though.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Pedro said:

However, there's a point to be made regarding public health about moving car pollution away from crowded places and into electricity production locations. I agree with what you're saying, though.

A good and valid point @Pedro.

My mum was moaning to me on the phone the other night about the proposal to extend the London ULEZ out to near where she lives.........and she doesn't even drive! I remember working in and around Central London years back and breathing in all that diesel soot all day. We had Medical Diagnostic instruments in several London Hospitals and they all needed the optics cleaning much more frequently than those located in rural locations. Even in climate controlled laboratories the optics would get a fine grey film on them, which had to be cleaned off for the instrument to work correctly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tango said:

A good and valid point @Pedro.

My mum was moaning to me on the phone the other night about the proposal to extend the London ULEZ out to near where she lives.........and she doesn't even drive! I remember working in and around Central London years back and breathing in all that diesel soot all day. We had Medical Diagnostic instruments in several London Hospitals and they all needed the optics cleaning much more frequently than those located in rural locations. Even in climate controlled laboratories the optics would get a fine grey film on them, which had to be cleaned off for the instrument to work correctly. 

thing is you can still pollute .... if you pay to do so its all good 👍  its just a multi million pound money making scam , if they really dont   to pollute cites , just ban cars completely , sorted .

did i say that twat of a mayor of London is a cunt .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2