Sunny Sunday afternoon

Buckster

Sunday, I took the bike into church with me and headed off for a ride after the service, the rain was spitting a bit in Edinburgh but looking at the weather radar t was likely to clear up if I headed north so I set off for St. Andrews, the golfing town, not to be confused with the peado prince. I headed up the M90 to Milnathort then took the A91 east through Cupar to St. Andrews, the plan was to have lunch and then take the coast road back to the Forth Road bridge. 

As it was St. Andrews was ramming with tourists so I just rode through and headed onto the coast road, the sun was shining and it was nice and warm, the sea was glassy smooth and it was a great day for a ride out, a second reason for the ride was to test the touring seat I had picked up on Facebook marketplace a few months back, a car breakers was breaking a Harley Road King and they let me have the seat for £60 including postage, I was not expecting a lot but it came well packaged and is immaculate, only missing the seat strap which most people ditch anyway, the cheapest used seat I have seen elsewhere of this type was £230 so I was very happy. It has a proper pillion pad on this seat as well so if I ever take a passenger, she will be comfortable.

The first stop I made was Anstruther where I popped down to the historic harbour for a photo.

IMG-20210815-WA0000.jpg.1f203cc908808be662cfe56170dd9029.jpg

After this I continued down to coast road before taking the A915 to Dysart and then Kirkcaldy where I took a quick snap of the lovely gas platforms in the North Sea.

20210815_144531.thumb.jpg.95dc0290d6eeaf2b08d1fea3e89c2d2a.jpg

20210815_144540.thumb.jpg.2eaa4f95079988cab5a1f14c2b70f72c.jpg

From there I carried on down the coast and headed over the Forth Road bridge and popped into The Cove biker cafe for a brew in South Queensferry and a natter with the assembled biker trash, I was invited to a party at a club house in September which I will probably go to, being run by one of the Blue Angels support clubs, good people.

From there I headed back home, 130 miles and I'm well impressed with my £60 seat purchase.

sundat_standrew.jpeg.5b20a4648cee8d527918ca046192d8b2.jpeg

• Like 4

Just now, XTreme said:

Nice one Ian!

Blue Angels are a patch club though......you're not getting into that are you?

Blue Angels are 1%'rs, they are in general more my kind of people than the general bike crowd but I'm not interested in joining, I couldn't give them the commitment they demand, that commitment belongs to my faith and I won't compromise that.

• Like 4

I always think we gain a tolerance to seats, they start as comfy and after a few months or so I don't value them the same anymore. That one looks properly cushy, though.

I know you don't really worry about heat anymore, but how hot do Harleys run in the summer, don't they radiate a lot of heat upwards towards you? On one hand they're big and air-cooled, but on the other they're not very high on specific power.

15 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Nice one Ian , good to see you getting out.  I'd give that biker party a miss if I were you, @Six30 reckons the Pink Ladies parties are much better

images.jpg.eff52553e6080fffcd1358d9933407a2.jpg

He would know.

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I always think we gain a tolerance to seats, they start as comfy and after a few months or so I don't value them the same anymore. That one looks properly cushy, though.

I know you don't really worry about heat anymore, but how hot do Harleys run in the summer, don't they radiate a lot of heat upwards towards you? On one hand they're big and air-cooled, but on the other they're not very high on specific power.

The heat was leg burning when I lived in Georgia, USA but it is quite pleasant in Scotland, even when it gets what is classed as very hot here it is never as bad as when I was in GA.

• Like 1