A great day out but! dam the heat pheww.

DangerRuss58

IT's Wednesday again and time for a wee jaunt around the mountains. Started off OK but when we had to go down what we were told was a bit of a dirt track, Well the guy who put this ride together wasn't joking. It was off road riding along what I think was an old railway track as we had to go through three long tunnels. We got to our destination only to be followed in by a police 4x4 who informed us that the track we had just come along is not for cars or motorbikes as it is not suitable?? so we had to leave by the only other way out which proved to be 10 times worse than the road in. The temperatures went up to around 43 degrees and by the time I got home I was ready to collapse, my wife reckons that my problem with high temperatures may have something to do with the fact that I'm a diabetic?? I don't  know but I drank gallons when I got home and fell asleep for over 4 hours.. Happy Days!

Untitled-1.jpg

Ride-3.jpg

small-6.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

small-2.jpg

• Like 8

Great shots Russ......but you shouldn't be riding in that heat. It's dangerous!

And certainly not on anything that would be classed as offroad.......cos that's when it really gets hard!

9 hours ago, Pedro said:

Groups are silly, you go along with each other when nobody is having any fun.

Not that bad. I normally get myself to the back, good watching others riding.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, XTreme said:

And certainly not on anything that would be classed as offroad.......cos that's when it really gets hard!

The track to and fro to that spot was a dis-used railway track which was overgrown rocks holes tress LOL and not recognisable as even a track if it wasn't for the tunnels trust me it was really off-road, but it was for hiking only which is why we had the road closed off for us and had to take an even worse route out of that place...never again,

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Is that river fordable Russ ?  there looks like there's a rough ramp leading down to it ?

I don't think it is the ramp is for people to enter and swim in the river

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

It's a good laugh we are all ex-pats so language isn't a problem we stop off at cafe's and restaurants along the way get to know more people, we usually ride at a fair old clip not to many sped cameras in out area yet.

12 hours ago, XTreme said:

I was in a real state when I got home Pete, it looked like I had thrown a bucket of water over myself, I only just made it into the house where I collapsed in a chair my head hurt I was breathing heavy my wife nearly phoned for an ambulance, I drank about three pints of water over a 40 minute period then went for a little lie down and woke up four hours later with a stinking headache. During the night I was woken up half a dozen time with severe cramps in both my legs..might give the next ride-out a miss LOL

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

I'd disagree with that.  I ride on my own and in groups and you can still have some great fun with a bunch of mates.  In the Alps it would nearly always turn into an unofficial race at times or seeing who can get around a hairpin bend the quickest with grounding your panniers on the deck  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DangerRuss58 said:

I was in a real state when I got home Pete, it looked like I had thrown a bucket of water over myself, I only just made it into the house where I collapsed in a chair my head hurt I was breathing heavy my wife nearly phoned for an ambulance, I drank about three pints of water over a 40 minute period then went for a little lie down and woke up four hours later with a stinking headache. During the night I was woken up half a dozen time with severe cramps in both my legs..might give the next ride-out a miss LOL

That's heat stroke Russ.......and your body is giving you a warning.

Just bear in mind that about 1500 people a year die of it every year in Spain.......and older people are most at risk.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

That's heat stroke Russ.......and your body is giving you a warning.

Just bear in mind that about 1500 people a year die of it every year in Spain.......and older people are most at risk.

Fuck that, it’s waaaaay too hot for me to be riding anywhere let alone off road. Mind you, once it drops to 30 Celsius I’m up for it.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Fuck that, it’s waaaaay too hot for me to be riding anywhere let alone off road. Mind you, once it drops to 30 Celsius I’m up for it.

Balls permitting Ray!

De Acuerdo Agree GIF