Winter

Tym

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I suppose it's only to be expected in a country whose biggest tourist attractions are death camps!

I have spent a week in Warsaw when my brother lived there, if you’re single there are other attractions…

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I have spent a week in Warsaw when my brother lived there, if you’re single there are other attractions…

I'd stick to Mediterranean women!

kramer GIF

27 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Seems to get dark by about 3PM where my boy lives in Poland!

I suppose it's only to be expected in a country whose biggest tourist attractions are death camps!

I would be happy if it got dark here about the same time as it does where you are.

When my wife was at work, she started work in the dark, and it was dark again when she finished......that would drive me daft.

5 minutes ago, Clive said:

When my wife was at work, she started work in the dark, and it was dark again when she finished......that would drive me daft.

Sunshine is essential for happiness, I think. Here, in winter you sometimes get two or three weeks constant rainy weather, by that time you start to see random people on the street looking properly sad.

A lot of the portuguese that go to the Uk in search of better paid work, and there are quite a lot of them, really face depression during the winter time as it’s such a change from what they’re used to. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Sunshine is essential for happiness, I think. Here, in winter you sometimes get two or three weeks constant rainy weather, by that time you start to see random people on the street looking properly sad.

A lot of the portuguese that go to the Uk in search of better paid work, and there are quite a lot of them, really face depression during the winter time as it’s such a change from what they’re used to.

Think how we feel living in the UK rubbish weather all year!😂

As we say, and it seem (most years) our summer consists of 3 hot days and a thunderstorm.

I am waiting for a repeat of summer 1976😎

We have some warm/ hot 🤔 weather forecast for the next few days....then back to wind and rain......just in time for the weekend.😕

7 minutes ago, Clive said:

That's a reasonable time, better than 4pm

Oh yeh....I've spoken to my boy in Poland on Whatsapp video at 3 in the afternoon and it's completely black outside.

But.....his choice to live 2 hours from the border with Ukraine! 

Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Oh yeh....I've spoken to my boy in Poland on Whatsapp video at 3 in the afternoon and it's completely black outside.

But.....his choice to live 2 hours from the border with Ukraine! 

Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

I have little knowledge of Poland, apart from a couple of Polish guys that worked at our place.

Funny thing is, they said they found England cold during the winter....I thought it would be the other way round🤔.

• Like 1

Just now, Clive said:

I have little knowledge of Poland, apart from a couple of them that worked at our place.

Funny thing is, they said they found England cold.....I thought it would be the other way round🤔.

Apparently the weather has changed there......and they don't get the extreme conditions that they did 30+ years ago.

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Apparently the weather has changed there......and they don't get the extreme conditions that they did 30+ years ago.

Well neither do we.....snow is getting a rare thing here, we had just 2 days of snow on the ground, it was gone by midday.

Global warming!!!.....in the future the people from southern Europe may take their holiday up north to get away from the heat.😧

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clive said:

the people from southern Europe may take their holiday up north to get away from the heat.

Thousands of Dagos on the way to Mablethorpe as we speak! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

Thousands of Dagos on the way to Mablethorpe as we speak! :classic_laugh:

I used to deliver to a hotel in Leeds, and half the staff were from Spain....so a couple of hours drive and they could try the delights of Skeggy!......it's like Benidorm, without the good weather.....😂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Clive said:

Global warming!!!.....in the future the people from southern Europe may take their holiday up north to get away from the heat.😧

You haven't really grasped what global warming is going to be like, have you?

It means we'll have shit cold summers, warm winters with no rain, and you will have warmer whatever you have. Britain isn't really going to become a tropical paradise :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Pedro said:

You haven't really grasped what global warming is going to be like, have you?

It means we'll have shit cold summers, warm winters with no rain, and you will have warmer whatever you have. Britain isn't really going to become a tropical paradise :classic_laugh:

Tropical.....never......paradise!....imposible!.😂

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Clive said:

Well neither do we.....snow is getting a rare thing here, we had just 2 days of snow on the ground, it was gone by midday.

Let me know where you want it and I'll ship some over to you...

IMG_4522.JPG

IMG_4528.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Earache said:

Let me know where you want it and I'll ship some over to you...

IMG_4522.JPG

IMG_4528.JPG

😵......2 inch of the white stuff here and the country grinds to a halt!.

Most people here ain't got big 4x4,s.

So sorry for my ungratefulness, but we will give it a miss.....don't want a re run of 1963.…......but thanks anyway.😁

• Haha 1

We were hard to survive that Winter Clive!

Nowdays they close a school in summer if the boiler breaks down.

Don't think our school closed once, I remember sitting in class with my Duffle coat on to keep warm, but we could walk/slide to school, no school run, cos very few people had a car!.😁

• Like 1

How did we survive!!....no central heating, the bog was outside.

Continental quilts/duvets unheard of.....had so may blankets on the bed that it was nigh on impossible to turn over

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

Nowdays they close a school in summer if the boiler breaks down.

Don't think our school closed once, I remember sitting in class with my Duffle coat on to keep warm, but we could walk/slide to school, no school run, cos very few people had a car!.😁

Yeh.....I can't remember the school being closed either.

I do remember walking across the lake in Brynmill Park cos it was frozen solid though.

spacer.png

• Like 1