Quiet here tonight

Sir Fallsalot

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Companies will use you and burn you out......then drop you like a stone when you cease to be of use to them.

Unfortunately  that's what being employed is like, if you don't like that then you have to be the employer and take all the risks that carries. No business would survive if you kept people beyond their usefulness, although there are good and bad ways of treating your staff and as an employee you have to decide whether you put up with that or move on

Well, I was going to write I am happily drinking myself to sleep when I read that @MooN is having real health and work problems ... so now I´m feeling guilty... hang in there Chris, just know that you are appreciated, at least here. I know you push yourself and appreciate your job but if you are unable to move you won't be of use to yourself or be able to enjoy being off work. Pace yourself!

So, I have just finished drinking this very unassuming and simple white grown 20km away, bought today from a lady that owns a wine farm that has pet sheep, got to love that.

IMG_1408.thumb.jpeg.a70941ef6badfcc006f71afd937e484d.jpeg

IMG_1410.thumb.jpeg.b9d7f448e61e21f6911c9feaf4f57f75.jpeg

IMG_1412.thumb.jpeg.df7af073df2590a56c9366eb8a9ec16d.jpeg

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Unfortunately  that's what being employed is like, if you don't like that then you have to be the employer and take all the risks that carries. No business would survive if you kept people beyond their usefulness, although there are good and bad ways of treating your staff and as an employee you have to decide whether you put up with that or move on

Oh yeh....I know the score!

I got made redundant/worked out 4 or 5 times over the years by big companies because I wouldn't play their corporate/political games.

I was always classed as a loose cannon who went by his own rules.......and was therefore too hot to handle!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I got made redundant/worked out 4 or 5 times over the years by big companies because I wouldn't play their corporate/political games.

I was always classed as a loose cannon who went by his own rules.......and was therefore too hot to handle!

clint eastwood art GIF by hoppip

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And that's why you work for yourself now 😉

I consider myself lucky i'm in a good position in work and have a good rapport with my boss but i know as soon as there's no work i'll be gone with everyone else. He did ask me to buy into the company many years ago but i declined because if i did i wouldn't be working there now. he does too many things with company money i don't agree with if i had money in there we would have argued about it i told him he's better off without a partner.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That sounds much like my dear old pops. Except eventually he landed in a place where his knowledge of the law and backing of other workers left the employers scared of him. To the extent they begged him to pick any full time educational course, degree, masters, whatever he liked and they’d bank roll it- just please sod off 😂  He refused it so they tried to buy him out! He refused that too but did eventually end up retiring ten years early with absurd bonuses though cos in the end the offers equated to enormous freedom and who in their right mind would turn that down?! Just sometimes being a complete pain int the arse pays 😂 Skilled savagery is a sight to beholden. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

And that's why you work for yourself now

Have you ever known anybody else who received a written warning (which came direct from the top man in a major UK corporate) because the inside of the dumpster behind the building was untidy?

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

That's the sort of shit I had come down the line at me!

• Haha 2

On 08/05/2021 at 23:00, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@MooN Can you suggest making the piss taking sticky throwing mechanic redundant (it would be a legitimate redundancy if your doing his role) and taking on an apprentice who can do the heavy lifting? If its not a sustainable position for you you need to make him fix things or get out while you’re in reasonable health. 

Aside from that, it sucks mate, no one wants to be taken advantage of or lose their health for the sake of someone else’s purse 😢 

we're looking into wankers redundancy, but the French employment laws are atrocious for trying to get rid of somebody, costs huge amounts of money unless you can prove professional misdeeds. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MooN said:

we're looking into wankers redundancy, but the French employment laws are atrocious for trying to get rid of somebody, costs huge amounts of money unless you can prove professional misdeeds. 

Its a start. You had a chat with your boss then? 

2 minutes ago, MooN said:

Same here @MooN no matter how shit they are its very difficult to get rid of someone without being sued for wrongful dismissal.