Your Dream Bike Trip

8 hours ago, Pedro said:

Sadly I don't think I have one anymore. 

I used to think of going around Africa as my dream trip, but now no real dream trips anymore. I could do it, have no excuses not to, except just lack of drive.

You’ll find it again or should I say it’ll find you. Everyone has slumps in motivation to do things, sometimes when shit happens for a very long time but from my point of view if you dont force it somehow one day it just reappears. Then Africa will be yours and I’m sure a rollicking good’n itll be ?

• Like 2

Just now, Bruce said:

I've done my ideal trip severl times but I'd like to do it again. West coast South Africa into Namibia over the top of Botswana into Zimbabwe and then on to Maputo in Mozambique and then down to Kwazulu Natal through the Drakensburg to Lesotho before cutting inwards to the Great Karoo and back down to Cape Town. 6-10 weeks of the finest off roading adventure open to mankind.

With or without clothes? 

• Haha 1

South America is next on the horizon.  I've done the top half of the Americas, time for the bottom.

Also, Mongolia is right there at, or near the top of the list!  Followed a fellow named Oisin Hughes, on ADVRIDER, when he rode around the world.  Mongolia he had the most bike issues, but fell in love with the people.  Ever since, that's been the place I've wanted to see the most.

• Like 2

The trans sibierien, Vladivostok - Moscow has been my dream trip since I was about 6. originally wanted to do the train ride but once I got riding I've wanted to do it by bike.   The dream is not dead, but it gets a litle less likely with each passing season and then I came across some aussi dude who rode it as part of Sydney to London, alone, at 70 something and the lights go back on...

more realistically, I have a fully planned route for a trip visiting all the capital cities of the schengen area.

21 cities

30 days

10900km

+/- 3500€ budget

'soon as I can sell a child or 2 ...:wave:

?

• Like 5

Considering I have not had the opportunity to be far from home in awhile, it is very hard to pick one dream trip at the moment.

Soooo... I am going to bend the rules a bit and pick my top 5.  Please forgive my indulgence. 

#5 - Tajikistan ??

#4 - China ?? (Without a guide/chaperone, which I am not sure is allowed) 

#3 - Scotland ???????

#2 - Peru ??

#1 - Across my own beautiful country, Canada, coast to coast to coast, so the saying goes!  ???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Considering I have not had the opportunity to be far from home in awhile, it is very hard to pick one dream trip at the moment.

Soooo... I am going to bend the rules a bit and pick my top 5.  Please forgive my indulgence. 

#5 - Tajikistan ??

#4 - China ?? (Without a guide/chaperone, which I am not sure is allowed) 

#3 - Scotland ???????

#2 - Peru ??

#1 - Across my own beautiful country, Canada, coast to coast to coast, so the saying goes!  ???

No chance of China without a guide. Rode in Tibet 2019 (which for anyone not interested in global politics is ruled by China) and the control exerted by the govt is quite a surprise. Guides are obligatory, map pages had to be removed and destroyed, multiple military check points on a single road where they go through your bags yet again, on tarmac road you have to slow to 5mph for gantry cameras (I assume because their number plates are so tiny it wouldnt be able to pick up the number plate above that speed), your route has to be pre approved and then you can only stop for fuel at the places they have said you can and can only have the amount of fuel they calculate you need to keep you on the pre approved route which is brought to you in a jerry can so you don’t take more than necessary to get to the next stop. Still worth a visit though, the guides and the Tibetans are lovely people!

Tajikistan is an unusual pick what’s the draw to that one? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

No chance of China without a guide. Rode in Tibet 2019 (which for anyone not interested in global politics is ruled by China) and the control exerted by the govt is quite a surprise. Guides are obligatory, map pages had to be removed and destroyed, multiple military check points on a single road where they go through your bags yet again, on tarmac road you have to slow to 5mph for gantry cameras (I assume because their number plates are so tiny it wouldnt be able to pick up the number plate above that speed), your route has to be pre approved and then you can only stop for fuel at the places they have said you can and can only have the amount of fuel they calculate you need to keep you on the pre approved route which is brought to you in a jerry can so you don’t take more than necessary to get to the next stop. Still worth a visit though, the guides and the Tibetans are lovely people!

Tajikistan is an unusual pick what’s the draw to that one? 

I figured that much about China.  A shame as the place is magical.  Maybe one day I will go with a guide just to visit some places I am very interested in there.

Tajikistan is just another world within our world and so foreign to me.  The landscape is unimaginable and the lack of humans or anything of the sort is very alluring to me.  The place just calls to me, it is one of those things that can be hard to explain.  Mongolia should be on my list too. ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I figured that much about China.  A shame as the place is magical.  Maybe one day I will go with a guide just to visit some places I am very interested in there.

Tajikistan is just another world within our world and so foreign to me.  The landscape is unimaginable and the lack of humans or anything of the sort is very alluring to me.  The place just calls to me, it is one of those things that can be hard to explain.  Mongolia should be on my list too. ?

Yer definitely sounds like “another world within our world”  and one for the list ?

• Like 1