Your Dream Bike Trip

There are no constraints on this, reality is suspended, you can travel wherever you want for as long as you want. Time, money, responsibilities or health issues simply do not exist. 

Where would you like to go first, what would you like to see or do and how long would you be gone for?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

@XTreme, your dream motorcycle trip would be to East Germany? :classic_ninja:

It's all Germany now obviously.

But as I've said before.....it's the endpoint that's the priority for me.

5 minutes ago, Tym said:

Youd want to go to Death Valley then too i;ll betcha.  :littleguy:

Only if there's some death guaranteed when I'm there! 

Not my own obviously!

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Only if there's some death guaranteed when I'm there! 

Not my own obviously!

Doner Pass has a nice gift shoppé now. :wave:

1 minute ago, Tym said:

Doner Pass has a nice gift shoppé now. :wave:

Death Valley without any deaths would be like going to Disneyworld and there's no Micky Mouse!

I don’t have a specific place I want to go first but I want to ride round the world jigsaw style. I dont see that happening in one hit because I dont want to turn it into a slog, I want to take my time and enjoy it.

If I can get Mr Slowlycatchymonkey to the level where he’ll embrace doing something like Mawsleys Ho Chi Mhin trail then that would be ideal but if not I’m going to do it anyway, woe betide anyone who tries to stop me, they will be trampled underfoot ?

So thats my reality suspended dream. One that better happen ?

I dont fancy Russia though, maybe I’ll warm to the idea.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Earache said:

Don't get the beef jerky - not so sure it's actually beef.

I usually order their spe3cial Ladies Fingers. ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

If I can get Mr Slowlycatchymonkey to the level where he’ll embrace doing something like Mawsleys Ho Chi Mhin trail

Is he not into bikes that much Caroline? 

Took this pic on highwaze 50 in WestbyGodvirginia i think after smoking a Goldwing on my GTR...

Based on the pic size id say 2005....

?

image.jpeg.21980c95a77fa348e89d911887b35a01.jpeg

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Is he not into bikes that much Caroline? 

Since he passed his test a year ago he’s been on the same slippery slope everyone gets on and now loves ‘em. I more mean the desire to do those type of trips. Hence starting him out with LEJOJ and then Spain. If he doesn’t fancy doing things farther afield he’s cool with me going without him ?but I think if it’s incremental stages he’ll love the idea, if not I’m happy on my tod ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Since he passed his test a year ago he’s been on the same slippery slope everyone gets on and now loves ‘em. I more mean the desire to do those type of trips. Hence starting him out with LEJOJ and then Spain. If he doesn’t fancy doing things farther afield he’s cool with me going without him ?but I think if it’s incremental stages he’ll love the idea, if not I’m happy on my tod ?

What bike has he got then?

17 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What bike has he got then?

A Harley Fat Boy and a BMW F800GT

He wouldn’t have it he needed anything but the Harley. I couldn’t persuade him it’s not great for touring until I said “How do you think you’ll feel pulling up outside somewhere dodgy looking in the pissing rain and having to leave your lovely shiny bike outside?” 2 days later he shouted from another room “IVE FOUND ONE” he then appeared with the F800 on his iPad ?

It was about double the budget I had in mind ? but it was the perfect choice so ?‍♀️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

A Harley Fat Boy and a BMW F800GT

He wouldn’t have it he needed anything but the Harley. I couldn’t persuade him it’s not great for touring until I said “How do you think you’ll feel pulling up outside somewhere dodgy looking in the pissing rain and having to leave your lovely shiny bike outside? 2 days later he shouted from another room “IVE FOUND ONE” he then appeared with the F800 on his iPad ?

It was about double the budget I had in mind ? but it was the perfect choice so ?‍♀️

A wife that encourages her husband to buy more bikes? 

He's got it made!

• Haha 1

Yep. Always wanted one but parents went ON and ON and ON about how dangerous they are and don’t get one. Then they gave their 3 children (me and two bothers) a chunk of money. Unbeknown to me they made my brothers promise not to spend it on a motorbike but they didn’t say that to me so I had a think about what to do with some of it and thought I’ve always wanted a motorbike, it’s now or never. They were completely horrified “we didn’t make you promise because there was no need because you’re the sensible one” I replied “Think again ?

Then husband stopped playing rugby, could no longer triathlon due to back/neck pain and sporty people need movement to be happy so it was an obvious choice. Meant I had to mostly give up riding on my own which I don’t resent at all. I said I DONT RESENT AT ALL ????

• Like 1