Loud Pipes Do Not Save Lives!

17 minutes ago, Vaughn at Autoweek said:

If you think a loud pipe will warn cars that you're coming, science says otherwise. I just wrote this article for Autoweek. There's a link to a video detailing the study.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/industry-news/a35952569/loud-pipes-do-not-save-lives/

trouble is most of the youths in these cars have a loud radio

• Like 1

When i were younger i used to love loud pipes, i remember getting pulled in Abercynon by a bike cop he wasn't riding he just walked into the road as i approached and waved me in. When i asked whats wrong he said I've been listening to you coming down the Cynon valley for the last 5 minutes so been waiting here for you. I almost used the "i got here as fast as i could" line but thought that might of got me more than a get it fixed ticket. Now i think their one of the main problems with getting areas shut down to motorcycles i like to sneak about all stealthy like and not announce to everyone i'm arriving. My CB is loud and not by choice every time i ride it i turn into the twat i hate but boy does it sound good :classic_laugh:

I have borrowed the occasional loud piped motorbike. They give me a headache after a while. Good for a quick trip, but not so fun for all day, especially if you have neighbours and do early starts.

• Like 2