running before the storm

MooN

it was 16c and sunny this morning but I had to take Madame's car back to the tyre place (again) as they're a bunch of incompetant fuckwits, and glare at them menacingly until they did what I had asked them to do in the first place. I'm not a patient person but I am rarely openly rude and agressive. Today was an exception and one of the fuckwits got shouted at. Anyway, long story short, I didn't get home till nearly 12 and Madame was deep in the twins maths  homework, so we didn;t eat till nearly 2 by which time the forcast storm was nearly upon us.  I rushed to get the bike out and get some riding in before a0 the storm broke and b) curfew...

i realised as I rolled out that I hadn't checked tyre pressuressince the bike had been sat for a week or more so I headed first for some air

IMG_1638.thumb.JPG.a840f62950fc9baefed7877d7f7eac8e.JPG

I usually do this with a foot pump but I was already togged up and getting overheated when I remembered so I came here, wonderful peice of kit this one, when you attach the air hose it lets all of the air out of your tyre!  The only way to meke it work is to hold the end onto the valve and then press the green button on the pillar. I magaged to get it to stay on but not to seal properly so as you pump air in, it lets it out as soon as you stop the compressor so I had to pump it up to 3+ bar, let go the button and dive at the bloody valve hoping to get it off at 2.9bar precisely.... I got "some air"....

The storm front was coming in from the west so I rode a while north, almost along the leading edge of it and then turned East to run befoe it hoping to outrun it before turning south and cutting back West in the hope of finding a passage round it's southern edge 

the storm was moving quite fast so I didn't stop for many pics as I could see the rain moving in behind me, 

IMG_1642.thumb.JPG.5fb9983f3ecc79ed2d6ada4ec9e38e21.JPG

IMG_1643.thumb.JPG.6bb7be7bfe60b75502739a97c80be792.JPG

I did have to stop here for this pic though as I knew @XTreme would never forgive me if I passed up an opportunity for some dark motorcycling, I have no clue as to WTF this is doing here, or what is the other side of that wall, but it looks well abandoned, so I will be back for an explore as and when possible and I'll have a gander on gooooogley earth later to see what shows up.

IMG_1647.thumb.JPG.10678a0e8df5012230633181da51e255.JPG

it has to be military with a watch tower like that right? 

did 100 odd km and managed to get home dry by diving through a gap between two storm cells and got home half an hour before curfew and 15 minutes before it rained "like a cow pissing on a flat rock" as the locals here say ?

PS. The pics were taken on my phone which is not my usual M.O. and the quality is, surprisingly, not as good as I thought it might be.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, MooN said:

it was 16c and sunny this morning but I had to take Madame's car back to the tyre place (again) as they're a bunch of incompetant fuckwits, and glare at them menacingly until they did what I had asked them to do in the first place. I'm not a patient person but I am rarely openly rude and agressive. Today was an exception and one of the fuckwits got shouted at. Anyway, long story short, I didn't get home till nearly 12 and Madame was deep in the twins maths  homework, so we didn;t eat till nearly 2 by which time the forcast storm was nearly upon us.  I rushed to get the bike out and get some riding in before a0 the storm broke and b) curfew...

i realised as I rolled out that I hadn't checked tyre pressuressince the bike had been sat for a week or more so I headed first for some air

IMG_1638.thumb.JPG.a840f62950fc9baefed7877d7f7eac8e.JPG

I usually do this with a foot pump but I was already togged up and getting overheated when I remembered so I came here, wonderful peice of kit this one, when you attach the air hose it lets all of the air out of your tyre!  The only way to meke it work is to hold the end onto the valve and then press the green button on the pillar. I magaged to get it to stay on but not to seal properly so as you pump air in, it lets it out as soon as you stop the compressor so I had to pump it up to 3+ bar, let go the button and dive at the bloody valve hoping to get it off at 2.9bar precisely.... I got "some air"....

The storm front was coming in from the west so I rode a while north, almost along the leading edge of it and then turned East to run befoe it hoping to outrun it before turning south and cutting back West in the hope of finding a passage round it's southern edge 

the storm was moving quite fast so I didn't stop for many pics as I could see the rain moving in behind me, 

IMG_1642.thumb.JPG.5fb9983f3ecc79ed2d6ada4ec9e38e21.JPG

IMG_1643.thumb.JPG.6bb7be7bfe60b75502739a97c80be792.JPG

I did have to stop here for this pic though as I knew @XTreme would never forgive me if I passed up an opportunity for some dark motorcycling, I have no clue as to WTF this is doing here, or what is the other side of that wall, but it looks well abandoned, so I will be back for an explore as and when possible and I'll have a gander on gooooogley earth later to see what shows up.

IMG_1647.thumb.JPG.10678a0e8df5012230633181da51e255.JPG

it has to be military with a watch tower like that right? 

did 100 odd km and managed to get home dry by diving through a gap between two storm cells and got home half an hour before curfew and 15 minutes before it rained "like a cow pissing on a flat rock" as the locals here say ?

PS. The pics were taken on my phone which is not my usual M.O. and the quality is, surprisingly, not as good as I thought it might be.

that looks like a clay pidgeon tower

Keeping the Triumph looking stylish, Chris. 

I was going to go for a ride myself today, but the sky decided to open into a rain storm while I was almost putting my boots on. For tomorrow...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

that looks like a clay pidgeon tower

it's got a fekking great searchlight on the top of it, 'bout 18" diameter by the looks of it, that ain't a clay pigeon tower... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Nice one Chris, did you swear at the tyre fitters in French or English ?

oh in French Bob, no point if they can't understand it, and it's less effective if the other clients don't get what's going on. When I'm angry EVERYBODY needs to know about it! :rofl:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MooN said:

oh in French Bob, no point if they can't understand it, and it's less effective if the other clients don't get what's going on. When I'm angry EVERYBODY needs to know about it! :rofl:

I wonder what word they called you when you left? :classic_unsure:

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Le cretin , I suspect ?

That or something even more unsavory, probably laced with colourful references to the doubful legitimacy of my ancestry.

They could form a club with the mechanics at the renault garage next door who almost certainly remembers the day I had a full meltdown in there and nearly killed their manager with his own telephone. ?

• Haha 3