First ride of the year

DangerRuss58

I haven't contributed much recently as I haven't done a dam thing for ages but last Thursday I was contacted by one of the local motorcycle groups that I belong to here in Spain called the PD Riders Group and asked if I fancy I ride out to the mountains...how could I say no! We were to meet at a petrol station just outside a town called Castalla which is in the mountains about 20 miles north west of Alicante some 60 miles from where I live  near Gandia. Had to be there around 10am so left just after 8am to be on the safe side the weather was ok but a bit blustery as I rode past Alcoy I notice snow on the mountains, the first time I have seen snow in four years.. I made it  in time and met up with 3 other intrepid souls we left a few minutes later. We made our way up and over mountains down passes and ended up at our first stop near Guadalest where we stopped for a bit and had a drink and a sandwich as all the cafes and bars etc ae closed in our region at the moment. From there we wound our way up and up to the Coll De Rates one of the if not the highest point in the region where we took lots of photos and ate more sandwiches. We parted ways at the bottom of the hill and I made my home I had to drop off at a car wash and give the bike a good soaking to get rid of road salt I had ridden a little over 300km and the next morning I knew I had ridden a fair few miles LOL 

FB1A9077.jpg

FB1A9090.jpg

FB1A9085.jpg

FB1A9089.jpg

FB1A9093.jpg

• Like 3

I also made a video of the trip I cut it short to around 10mins probably a bit too long to put up here as I don't want to hog all the memory so I have stuck it on YouTube here.

• Like 3

Brilliant Russ......looks great! And all vids need to be linked to YouTube......and then they stream in.

But you mentioned salt on the roads? We don't have any of that here so there must be a variation in your province.

@Skippy.......they don't put salt down in Murcia either do they?

6 minutes ago, skyrider said:

we get lots of salt  snowing this morning and freezing now just to make things interesting :classic_ohmy:

I've never seen any where I am though. And never seen any bikes showing signs of salt damage.

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Brilliant Russ......looks great! And all vids need to be linked to YouTube......and then they stream in.

But you mentioned salt on the roads? We don't have any of that here so there must be a variation in your province.

Only on the chips mate ?

3 hours ago, DangerRuss58 said:

FB1A9089.jpg

That's a stop with a proper view! Great stuff!

Similar to that I've only had Monchique int he Algarve, it's probably higher but a lot farther from the shore too so it looses some of the impact.

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

That's a stop with a proper view! Great stuff!

Similar to that I've only had Monchique int he Algarve, it's probably higher but a lot farther from the shore too so it looses some of the impact.

Until I looked at the map yesterday I had no idea how far from the coast we were  probably up a bit higher than I thought LOL

• Like 1

14 hours ago, XTreme said:

I was surprised when one of the other riders mentioned salt but I could see it all over the screen etc,, its very fine salt nothing like they use in the UK

• Like 1