We were banned......

XTreme

.......by Facebook! No......not me.....this site! This situation has been ongoing, but I didn't say anything until the situation was resolved......one way or another.

What happened was I received an e-mail: "We've disabled this app for violating the Facebook Platform Policies". It relates to the sign up facility here where people can join through their Facebook account. So they disabled it to stop people joining through their platform. They can't influence anything on this site.......but they can stop people joining up through FB.

There was no explanation in the mail as to how we violated the Facebook Platform Policies........so I put in an appeal asking them to clarify.

This morning I received this: "Your app has been restored. We will continue to review your app so you may see further messages from us if other violations on your platform are found".

Other violations? They couldn't even tell me what the first violation was. Nothing has changed on here, and nothing has been deleted. So you can draw your own conclusions on this incident.

Accused of something that never happened? Seems to be an epidemic of this shit going round at the moment!

It's no secret that Facebook will allow pretty much anything on their platform, sell your info, and if the money's right they'll even allow political disinformation in order to subvert democracy. But we're too hot to handle apparently!

So it's official......we've achieved the status we had back in 2002......The Bad Boys of the Internet!

marlon brando 40s GIF by Mashable

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

.......by Facebook! No......not me.....this site! This situation has been ongoing, but I didn't say anything until the situation was resolved......one way or another.

What happened was I received an e-mail: "We've disabled this app for violating the Facebook Platform Policies". It relates to the sign up facility here where people can join through their Facebook account. So they disabled it to stop people joining through their platform. They can't influence anything on this site.......but they can stop people joining up through FB:

There was no explanation in the mail as to how we violated the Facebook Platform Policies........so I put in an appeal asking them to clarify.

This morning I received this: "Your app has been restored. We will continue to review your app so you may see further messages from us if other violations on your platform are found".

Other violations? They couldn't even tell me what the first violation was. Nothing has changed on here, and nothing has been deleted. So you can draw your own conclusions on this incident.

Accused of something that never happened? Seems to be an epidemic of this shit going round at the moment!

It's no secret that Facebook will allow pretty much anything on their platform, sell your info, and if the money's right they'll even allow political disinformation in order to subvert democracy. But we're too hot to handle apparently!

So it's official......we've achieved the status we had back in 2002......The Bad Boys of the Internet!

Bunch of no marks running that shit company, wouldn’t no a violation if it sat on their laps, FALSE accusations against you that’s just silly now who would have thought.

• Haha 1

Just now, Swagman said:

Bunch of no marks running that shit company, wouldn’t no a violation if it sat on their laps, FALSE accusations against you that’s just silly now who would have thought.

I'm waiting to be accused of assassinating JFK next! :classic_wacko:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Tym said:

Maybe it was that comment: 

'is facebook doing your head in"

Badass, even Buck never could pull this chit off.

:classic_unsure:

I need to step up the Marketing Campaign then.....how about "Losing the will to live because of Facebook? Join our forum and we'll give you plenty more reasons to lose the will to live". :littleguy:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm waiting to be accused of assassinating JFK next! :classic_wacko:

Come to think of it the footage I have seen there does seem to be someone who bears a canny resemblance to you pete, can you confirm your whereabouts on the day in question and your connection to lee Harvey Oswald

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Come to think of it the footage I have seen there does seem to be someone who bears a canny resemblance to you pete, can you confirm your whereabouts on the day in question and your connection to lee Harvey Oswald

He’s his half brother.

28 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

I was in Junior School in Swansea at the time getting the cane at the time for being disruptive! 

I told them I was innocent......cos I was in Dallas on the grassy knoll at the time.

As an update FB even signed up on here to investigate the forum.......under the name sallymay.

So I just nuked them......not even an incoherent warning PM  to them first.

I didn't get where I am today by sending incoherent warning PMs.

film fire GIF by Lionsgate Home Entertainment

• Haha 2

I tell you something I've noticed though.......remember years ago when forums were thriving? And more often than not, the owner of the Forum would assume the role of Forum God! Just cos he'd uploaded some files (or got somebody to do it for him) they thought they were some sort of Supreme Being. Completely autocratic in every way......in fact some thought they were Judge Dredd!

They saw their role as judge, jury, and executioner, and never missed an opportunity to exert their authority. I think they saw their job as some sort of nightclub bouncer! And then there's the trickle down effect where Mods follow the same path. I always saw it as more of a Butlins Redcoat, compere, meet and greet sort of gig. Just uploading some files doesn't make me more important than anybody else. And it doesn't give me any special rights or privileges.

Well anyway......forums have struggled over the last 10 years and FB groups are now the thing. And in some cases (not all) the guy who started the group suffers from the Forum God complex.

The irony is they didn't upload any files, it didn't cost them a penny.......and the Group isn't even their property, It's Facebook's! They can shut it down whenever they like for whatever reason they like. And they will......we've seen how they do business with them nuking our signup app for no reason.

They're just useful idiots to Facebook.......they're allowed to play Forum God as long as they keep supplying people whose data can then be used by Facebook in whichever way they see fit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I tell you something I've noticed though.......remember years ago when forums were thriving? And more often than not, the owner of the Forum would assume the role of Forum God! Just cos he'd uploaded some files (or got somebody to do it for him) they thought they were some sort of Supreme Being. Completely autocratic in every way......in fact some thought they were Judge Dredd!

They saw their role as judge, jury, and executioner, and never missed an opportunity to exert their authority. I think they saw their job as some sort of nightclub bouncer! And then there's the trickle down effect where Mods follow the same path. I always saw it as more of a Butlins Redcoat, compere, meet and greet sort of gig. Just uploading some files doesn't make me more important than anybody else. And it doesn't give me any special rights or privileges.

Well anyway......forums have struggled over the last 10 years and FB groups are now the thing. And in some cases (not all) the guy who started the group suffers from the Forum God complex.

The irony is they didn't upload any files, it didn't cost them a penny.......and the Group isn't even their property, it's Facebooks! They can shut it down whenever they like for whatever reason they like. And they will......we've seen how they do business with them nuking our signup act for no reason.

They're just useful idiots to Facebook.......they're allowed to play Forum God as long as they keep supplying people whose data can then be used by Facebook in whichever way they see fit.

I have a mate lives in Grimsby still wears biker colours and is as rough as fuck, he gives Facebook work to do, he has been banned by them loads of times for things he posts has two accounts so when one is banned he can use the other, always seems to get back on so why the fuck do the little hitlers keep banning him.??

Just now, Swagman said:

I have a mate lives in Grimsby still wears biker colours and is as rough as fuck, he gives Facebook work to do, he has been banned by them loads of times for things he posts has two accounts so when one is banned he can use the other, always seems to get back on so why the fuck do the little hitlers keep banning him.??

They don't mind gore or hate speech.....but they'll suspend you for weeks if you post a nipple!

I've had a couple of 7 day bans for nipples! And they weren't even my nipples!

And I also had a 14 day ban cos I posted a photo of a bird on a Vespa where you could see her minge! :classic_laugh:

Probably best I don't post my minge on there then! :classic_wacko:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

They don't mind gore or hate speech.....but they'll suspend you for weeks if you post a nipple!

I've had a couple of 7 day bans for nipples! And they weren't even my nipples!

And I also had a 14 day ban cos I posted a photo of a bird on a Vespa where you could see her minge! :classic_laugh:

Probably best I don't post my minge on there then! :classic_wacko:

No you’ll have to stay here showing your junk, gives us a laugh at the very least.?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

They're already watching me......a nipple at this moment in time could be a bridge too far!

They would nt believe you anyways what normal person complains about nipples.

:classic_unsure:

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

What happened was I received an e-mail: "We've disabled this app for violating the Facebook Platform Policies". It relates to the sign up facility here where people can join through their Facebook account. So they disabled it to stop people joining through their platform. They can't influence anything on this site.......but they can stop people joining up through FB.

hey that film has just been on the one eyed monster :littleguy:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

Mucho's been done and had his arse slapped by FB?

?

Naughty Boy ?

He liked it! ?

No.....I bitchslapped Suckerberg! Weird little fucker!