The Header Dilemma!

XTreme

Now as you know, the BOTM (Bike of the Month) winner gets their bike in the header for a month. The problem is that because of the height restrictions for the header (cos you can't have it coming right down the page).......pics have to be taken from a distance which tends not to look that good.

So I've come up with the idea of moving BOTM winner elsewhere "below the fold" and running with an eye catching graphic in the header instead. There are top quality images I could use there......but I'd like to personalise it a bit by using members' bikes textured into it. 

So here's the way forward! @Pedro will start a new thread where you can submit your entry......one member gets one entry. So if you have multiple bikes you have to select one only.

To get a decent number of bikes in the graphic we ideally need a front view showing a bit of the side......something like this.....

jh5.jpg.cbc81805f6b39640e61165441abcecb2.jpg

And try and have some sort of decent background immediately behind the bike. Not taken in front of a Dumpster, or a public toilet or something!

Obviously the site is adventure based so some good offroad ones would suit, but we also need road ones too. So even if your bike doesn't fit in the adventure/dualsport/enduro genre it's still eligible.

Even @Tym's mopeds qualify......but @BusBoy's boat and @Buckster's bus don't. I know this site is a bit different to others in many ways......but boats and buses are just too surreal!

At this stage I can't say how many bikes we'll get in there.......cos we can't jam them in. I'd estimate about 6. Ultimately it may come down to a vote.......so you need to find your best shot and in the highest quality that you can.

Don't post your entries here..... @Pedro will start a new thread for that. But if you have any ideas that may be useful then let's hear them!

Once again, another initiative that puts ButtRider in the shade! Tell 'em @Tym

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tym said:

My best advice is to just pic the best pictures, and dont use old hags like my stuff. :wave:

No.....we need to show a cross section of bikes that's representative of the membership.

I don't want it to look like some sort of drop-in centre for Pretentious Beemer Fuckwits and Fashion Victims!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

No boats?! You fuckin havin a joke ?

What kind of site is this ? A preserve for the perverted discarded dregs of the 80's? Time to up the game man.

70's if you don't mind!

7 minutes ago, Tym said:

Go with the  bike of the month winners bikes, that would give you a nice cross section without including the bikes knackers only wanted.

:classic_unsure:

Yeh but generally they were distance shots.......and we're looking for something different.

51 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

I feel we need a boat submission. Personally I'd go for this

XQLbmAf.jpg

But being Swagman inclusive maybe this

Lr6nJIn.jpg

I think I’ve just been turned back I seem to prefer the nicely presented lady.

9 minutes ago, Tym said:

Would you use pics like these? Do you want less background more bike?

120169211_3985006771529110_3960192959593611009_o.jpg.b4d5323ab06cf0c9b6c9d5c328fbd887.jpg

118406156_3877357292294059_4759840771597335687_o.jpg.c0586eb33e3d226f95d751fa8cde5b54.jpg

Not the side view though......those will cut down the space available for other bikes!