Costa, the dog

Pedro

I don't suppose you remember, but on July 2012 I posted a report in which, riding the XR in the woods, I found an abandoned puppy and took him home.

He was barely one month old, very sick and had a serious case of scabies, left to die in a heatwave. This is him after a couple of weeks at home:

IMG_0988.thumb.jpeg.d2d9ab6bd45857840f90c767770353e9.jpeg

IMG_1007.thumb.jpeg.849f3b3d638ea8b5c012784c7d4c5bb1.jpeg

And this is him now, spoiled and 8 years old, having survived serious liver surgery last year:

IMG_7095.thumb.jpeg.012a9fa8893f3f8e6120ea2f609f4f7e.jpeg

IMG_7379.thumb.jpeg.01613ea6fd6cffd11ee01137aa8f1af9.jpeg

IMG_7446.thumb.jpeg.5d7c9956bf964313db499e1ee047a9e0.jpeg

He's the man!

?

• Like 4

Proper fright I caught, I wasn't used to dogs and was left to fend off two huge Rottweilers while holding a mug of tea!

Bless her, 14 is quite a nice age. Mine probably won't live as long.

• Like 2

Hard to believe that some bastard would do that to a puppy, maybe you two found each other as much as you found him. He looks to have bounced back from his surgery and hope he'd well and truly spoiled.

Jan brought me into the world of Jack Russels. First we had Charlie who came over with her when she left blighty. He came down with lymphoma and we had to say goodbye, then we adopted Lucy who ended up being my dog and not paying much attention to Jan. Then there was Scooby who we got from the shelter and he is being terribly neglected as he snoozes between us in bed, it's just awful!

We said goodbye to Lucy on boxing day, she was sliding into dog dementia, we found her in the morning bumping into the wall as she had no idea where she was. And we are kind of looking for some poor pup to neglect, mistreat and otherwise make miserable

• Like 1

Great story Pedro!

Sage is quite literally my "Best Friend"......especially since Jana passed last August. She's been through so much with me.

I'd be an absolute TrainWreck without her.....❤️

ME 005.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1