Ericeira, Cabo da Roca, and Windmills

Pedro

Today was quite cold for Portuguese standards, but quite sunny so I was happy with it as long as I kept out of motorways.

Had breakfast at Ericeira, before going for a ride around town and then heading to Cabo da Roca, then turned inland and went to via a great forrest road heading home, on @Sofia's recommendation. Then, remembered @Grasshopper's Ride likes windmills so stopped for a picture, it´s a little deceiving because I didn´t really ride the dirt, it´s just the end of the road I rode there to check out the view on my favourite hill. Heading back home I stopped for a coffee at my local Dainese shop and ordered a pair of winter pants. The coffee was quite welcome, most the ride was at around 6 to 8ºC.

Getting back home, and the locked home is freezing, I've turned the heating on and AC on, and fired the fireplace, it's now making a dent on the cold. I was having anticipating this so stopped to buy vegetables to make some soup for the next couple of days.

I think I have a few cool clips for a movie, will get into it.

Ericeira:

IMG_9959.thumb.jpeg.26a58120e6d0c0347994d6321cd2542d.jpeg

Cabo da Roca's lighthouse, Europe's westernmost point right here:

IMG_9960.thumb.jpeg.b60ff50b352601253a90d81caaf64181.jpeg

IMG_9961.thumb.jpeg.53d6a095cbd2d03d3773d1e956a9269f.jpeg

Stop next to a proper windmill, at Montejunto:

IMG_9963.thumb.jpeg.7ed3d0084ee4c0709617c09609e9d332.jpeg

Spotted an H2 after having my coffee, it's not a pretty bike in a conventional way but I do like them.

IMG_9964.thumb.jpeg.ac74bd5495f8d3942a05f847ce0c7da3.jpeg

• Like 6

Looks like a lovely day.  Thanks for the windmill pic, the view from there is awesome I bet. ?  Looking forward to the video.

I was looking at the Ninja (H2) recently as a fun second bike, but I think I need to know I can go on the gravel roads at any time, maybe not the stuff I take my Himi on, but more then the Ninja could handle.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Looks like a lovely day.  Thanks for the windmill pic, the view from there is awesome I bet. ?  Looking forward to the video.

I was looking at the Ninja (H2) recently as a fun second bike, but I think I need to know I can go on the gravel roads at any time, maybe not the stuff I take my Himi on, but more then the Ninja could handle.

The one we call H2 on this side of the Atlantic is the supercharged one, I'd say it's way overpowered for any kind of non tarmac use, but then again there are crazies up for anything.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

Blue skies. Blue skies!! Will I ever see them for myself again!

I love the village. If it has a decent night life that would be an aesome place to chill out to.

It's an old fishing village, still some typical fishing but very few boats today. It's the world's first surf reserve, lots of brits, dutch, australians and brasilians living there. It's full of female yoga instructors from all over, surfers from all over, and an overall chill vibe, lots of people during the peak of summer though. It's a very pretty place to be in, quite unique in Portugal.

If you're not a surfer or really looking for warm beach weather, I would visit in autumn or early spring. Chances of rain increase, but less of a tourist mob and still great weather: 

• Like 1

On 16/01/2021 at 22:11, Lone Amigo said:

My late wife and I loved Portugal. It was always our intention to return, maybe to walk the Caminho Portugues

If you ever return and decide to rent a bike, it will be my pleasure to take you on a little ride around provided I can keep up.