1st try after knee op

MooN

I'm officially signed off till the 25th but the sun came out yesterday and me knee is almost back to normal...

did about 100k and a very little dirt before it started aching, it doesnt like the vibes from the trails standing on the pegs. I saw the doc this afternoon and he promises me that it will improve over time and shouldn't be a long term problem. 

IMG_1608.thumb.JPG.c04283065ac584f9d0f01966932d04ff.JPG

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Tym said:

Seems i go from one joint pain to the other, this year hasnt been so great...lost use of my right arm for a few weeks, still could ride, weird. :classic_unsure:

that's not good Tym. if you loose feeling or movement in one part of your body then it could be due to a "Temporary ischemic Attack"  and you should see a doctor ASAP.  My Mum had one a couple of years ao and lost speech for about half an hour, sorted by medication, a simple aspirin per day I think.   Don't let that shit slide mate cos you REALLY don't want to end up ;ike by little brother in law with a full blown cerebral vascular attack.   It might also be nothing much... 

• Like 3

Seems ive been getting admitted tested retested had three cat scans two ultrasounds all within the last two months, so ya i get ya...next visit is the 28th...:thud:

• Like 3

Sit down on those trails and pretend you’re on a flat track race instead of the Paris Dakar!

it’ll be just as effective, seem way cooler in your mind, and easier on the knees!

12 hours ago, Pedro said:

Sit down on those trails and pretend you’re on a flat track race instead of the Paris Dakar!

it’ll be just as effective, seem way cooler in your mind, and easier on the knees!

that works if you're going fast enough to fly the bumps Pedro, I don't ride fast enough for that and unfortunately my N0 1 problem is my back so protectig that comes first. I'll just keep going slow and steady and little by little till the knee gets good enough to do longer sessions. I'm not in a rush.   Specially as my boss accidentally let slip that we'll now not be going back to work on 4th Jan as originally planned... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MooN said:

that works if you're going fast enough to fly the bumps Pedro, I don't ride fast enough for that and unfortunately my N0 1 problem is my back so protectig that comes first. I'll just keep going slow and steady and little by little till the knee gets good enough to do longer sessions. I'm not in a rush.   Specially as my boss accidentally let slip that we'll now not be going back to work on 4th Jan as originally planned... 

Not what I meant, I meant sit down when going slow and in turns, stand up when going over bumps as it'll be smoother on the bike and yourself mainly. If it's very bumpy stand up to cope with it, but there is no reason to stand up otherwise if you're only getting tired from it.

• Like 3