Last ride before lockdown

Sir Fallsalot

Me and a couple of mates out just before the lock down replacing one madness with another seems along time ago now

IMG_8983.thumb.JPG.dc76ff69cb768d718c11d1664fcd8cc6.JPG

2028725584_IMG_8985(2).thumb.JPG.547c6cd875034baccab70ee111ecc3b9.JPG

My mate getting used to his DRZ he picked up that week

IMG_8988.thumb.JPG.225e578ebe1bffc30a636c45cb519599.JPG?IMG_8995.thumb.JPG.bc3616edde748a0f19966f0cb56c76b2.JPG

IMG_9002.thumb.JPG.9d92df1c835331f298829379017e9c42.JPG

The last time we went out this was me the new rear tyre helped this time

IMG_9008.thumb.JPG.17e13b5c6c0aee6b80cdd335213c89f3.JPG

We had a great day until my mate dropped his DRZ doing a steep hill climb and broke his clutch lever, I'd given him a lecture about being prepared for our trail rides and luckily he has a nice big bag on the back of his bike full of tools or so i thought all that was in there was the important stuff tobacco, papers, phone and wallet so made him think he had to ride it home without a clutch for a few miles before bodging the spare lever i had for my bike on his hope he's learnt a lesson but i'm not holding my breath ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Offroad reports from the UK always seem so cold and wet and unpleasant. Good on you for not letting it get to you, I'm more of a warm weather offroader, people here don't like it because of the dust but since I ride alone it doesn't really bother me.

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Offroad reports from the UK always seem so cold and wet and unpleasant. Good on you for not letting it get to you, I'm more of a warm weather offroader, people here don't like it because of the dust but since I ride alone it doesn't really bother me.

Cold is the only way i can ride i cant stand the heat so if we get a summer i don't ride that much. Don't like the dust either but as you say its OK if your out on your own or in front ?

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

i cant stand the heat so if we get a summer i don't ride that much. Don't like the dust either

You wouldn't like it here Fred......I've seen +46!

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You wouldn't like it here Fred......I've seen +46!

Coming back from Yorkshire a couple of years ago it was 30c me and Specs got stuck in traffic around Oswestry area i think, It was difficult filtering on the bikes with all the gear on Alan suggested we head west a bit before we turned south again which sounded like a good idea but his "a bit" was 30 miles i thought i was going to die of heat exhaustion it wasn't nice. hot weather for me is only enjoyably from the shade in a beer garden ?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I'm shamed to say that we took the path, that was my first time ever that I'd done that Fred, but the twat in the car was on the shallow side.

Nothing wrong with that Bob drowning my XR on Salisbury plain cost us about an hour and half to get it going again and me a lot of money to rebuild it afterwards