Server Switch

XTreme

Site's back......but some of you might have to wait longer if you've got crap ISP's!

This has now gone from a 16GB/8CPU server in Michigan to a 32GB/32CPU server in London.

I know the distance is a bit further for those of you in the US and Canada, but the increased speed displaying resources should more than make up for that. For those of us in the UK/EU the board will now be much quicker.

The original plan was to eventually get it across onto the UK server, but I didn't want to do that initially because I honestly thought it wouldn't survive after the first lockdown finished in June.

I was wrong on that so the time came to switch it before it got too big in terms of diskspace usage. As an indication, the site now uses 20GB of diskspace in only 7 months. So to leave it any longer would have taken hours to get it all across from the US.

There we go......all done! You can now continue posting mindless shit with no interruptions!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BusBoy said:

Sweet! And thank you for the site. It is more  than an hour or so distraction a day. It's a clubhouse.

Cheers Bruce! And thank you for your support as well.

It's not just about bikes.......it's about the people!

• Like 1

I don't really know what these changes are all about as everything worked fine for me from the beginning, having said that:

41 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I know the distance is a bit further for those of you in the US and Canada, but the increased speed displaying resources should more than make up for that. For those of us in the UK/EU the board will now be much quicker.

Is that why I have gotten bigger international phone charges over the last months? :classic_laugh:

Good work, Pete, thank's for everything!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Site was down when I tried this morn. Can now confirm it def loads the pages quicker.:littleguy::littleguy:

There will be a noticeable difference for us now Dave!

it all seems to react marginally quicker here.  so all good.  though I half expected to be stranded on a ghost board somewhere in the ether... :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MooN said:

it all seems to react marginally quicker here.  so all good.  though I half expected to be stranded on a ghost board somewhere in the ether... :classic_rolleyes:

The good old days Chris! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

Don't make much difference for me as I have a steam powered ISP that is slower than shit in the first place. Service is down every time the wind blows.

But thanks for making it better for others!

• Like 3