First Weekend in November!

XTreme

Roads are drying up......but as usual there's a wet patch and a pool of water outside my garage.

Bastard thing will be there all week now.......everywhere else in the town bone dry, but outside my garage wet!

20201107_124501-min.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Well I need to wash the Honda but I'm struggling to get the enthusiasm at the moment. I'm looking forward to a beer (or two) tonight, it's been a while ............

drunk.gif.1f2c40176972513d89919a652fd6d1a6.gif

Bob......you're still uploading Gifs! 

Use the square Gif button on the editor and STREAM them from Giphy!

2069127650_Screenshot2020-11-07133043.jpg.1a4c46795411092388379685d36c3340.jpg

That way their resources are being used not ours!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Bob......you're still uploading Gifs! 

Use the square Gif button on the editor and STREAM them from Giphy!

2069127650_Screenshot2020-11-07133043.jpg.1a4c46795411092388379685d36c3340.jpg

That way their resources are being used not ours!

You can't edumacate some people :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Rode home today, tested the jacket I bought in Spring in heavy rain for the first time. It only lasted for half an hour but I am glad how it coped.

Got home to find some rain here too, for whatever reason my boiler isn't heating up the radiators. I know nothing of boilers so will give it time to get over itself before worrying about it. Still have steaming water for the taps and shower so I'm ok. Fire is now starting.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Rode home today, tested the jacket I bought in Spring in heavy rain for the first time. It only lasted for half an hour but I am glad how it coped.

Got home to find some rain here too, for whatever reason my boiler isn't heating up the radiators. I know nothing of boilers so will give it time to get over itself before worrying about it. Still have steaming water for the taps and shower so I'm ok. Fire is now starting.

Been a no-go for me here today Pedro......we've had storms.

Crossing my fingers for tomorrow!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Been a no-go for me here today Pedro......we've had storms.

Crossing my fingers for tomorrow!

We have storms too, Pete, hence the jacket :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Try bleeding the radiators, you may have an air lock

• Like 1

Used my new cordless chainsaw to cut a small tree down in the vicarage garden behind us today. it was a bit too close to my retaining wall for my liking after 3 years it was already over 10 foot high, logged the thicker bits for the wood burner and burnt all the branches. So a day messing with a chainsaw and fire some of my favourite things LOL

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Bob your talking to someone who couldn't take the top box off his bike i know your bored but stop wasting your time  :classic_laugh:

@Pedro couldn't take the top box off his bike as well? 

There's a pattern of defective Beemer top boxes emerging here! 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Try bleeding the radiators, you may have an air lock

I was doing exactly that. We get a lot of limestone in the water here, and what was coming out of the radiators looked quite white. I drained them all while feeding more fresh water to the boiler to keep the pressure in normal levels. Eventually I get a little warm and clear water through, I think it is working nicer now, will let it do it's thing and see how it goes tomorrow. Heater starts and shuts down a lot quicker than normal, indicating water temperature as being high enough, while in reality it's not flowing that hot to the radiators. I gave up and dedicated myself to heat up some frozen meatballs using wood :classic_laugh:

IMG_9396.thumb.jpeg.837ed9cdd66a1735c201f424a2715c60.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Bob your talking to someone who couldn't take the top box off his bike i know your bored but stop wasting your time  :classic_laugh:

That's Pete, I'm Pedro, I know it all sounds the same but... :classic_dry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Used my new cordless chainsaw to cut a small tree down in the vicarage garden behind us today. it was a bit too close to my retaining wall for my liking after 3 years it was already over 10 foot high, logged the thicker bits for the wood burner and burnt all the branches. So a day messing with a chainsaw and fire some of my favourite things LOL

I sincerely hope you asked the vicars  permission first :classic_unsure:

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

When I get that it is for this reason. There is a water pump somewhere and it connects to a t-shaped pipe with an electrical box attached to it switching the water from just heating radiators, or just hot water, or both. The valve gets a bit clagged up with limescale so can't turn easily or the electric switch breaks and you end up with the valve stuck in one of the above positions or halfway between. I usually get radiators on when they are not supposed to be.

I sometimes take the electric servo off (2 crosshead screws) and turn the pipe valve back and forth a few times with a spanner or pliers to keep it moving freely. The most likely time for the problem is at the end of summer because it hasn't moved to the radiator position for many months.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

When I get that it is for this reason. There is a water pump somewhere and it connects to a t-shaped pipe with an electrical box attached to it switching the water from just heating radiators, or just hot water, or both. The valve gets a bit clagged up with limescale so can't turn easily or the electric switch breaks and you end up with the valve stuck in one of the above positions or halfway between. I usually get radiators on when they are not supposed to be.

I sometimes take the electric servo off (2 crosshead screws) and turn the pipe valve back and forth a few times with a spanner or pliers to keep it moving freely. The most likely time for the problem is at the end of summer because it hasn't moved to the radiator position for many months.

That makes sense, thanks! I'll see if I can make any sense of it tomorrow.

49 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Not wanting to bother with taking stuff apart and risking flooding my kitchen tonight, I just turned the heating on, and switched the tap on and off forcing the system to switch by itself, and I think that has done the trick so far.

Now enjoying a cup of barley coffee while watching Sean Connery's "You Only Live Twice". Winter is coming :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

It's dried up......so I'll be out! However.....I'm not allowed to go further than the limits of the town's perimeter!

So that's put the kybosh on Dark Motorcycling!

• Like 1