Tin Cup, Colorado - August 17, 2020

Earache

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Castle Law? What's that?

Basically, my home is my castle - if you come into my castle uninvited, I can shoot and kill you without fear of prosecution.

Cops show up and say "nice shot".

I've oversimplified it, of course. Read more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine

It's the reason we don;t have a lot of break-ins, bikes aren't stolen from homes, etc. Thieves know they will most likely get shot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Earache said:

Basically, my home is my castle - if you come into my castle uninvited, I can shoot and kill you without fear of prosecution.

Cops show up and say "nice shot".

I've oversimplified it, of course. Read more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine

It's the reason we don;t have a lot of break-ins, bikes aren't stolen from homes, etc. Thieves know they will most likely get shot.

But they bring guns with them as well Eric?

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

But they bring guns with them as well Eric?

I'd assume they do. But in the dark, in an unfamiliar place and also assume they don't train - they're not much of a threat.

Handguns are really hard to shoot accurately and hit something more than 10-20 feet away unless you practice a lot. Most thieves have no idea how to properly shoot and handle a gun. Can they reload it in the dark? CLear a jam quickly in the dark? Do they have night sights installed?  Probably not. And if the home owner has a long gun or better yet, a shotgun, then the theif is in serious trouble.

• Like 2

Heading back to that area first week of September.  Might even stop in Tin Cup this time, but they have great hot dogs in Pitkin ?

Last time we were up Cottonwood, they hadnt paved the west side down to the reservoir.  Huge surprise to go thru there a few weeks ago and see the new asphalt.  reminded me a little of Stelvio Pass!.  Gravel in the curve is always fun, too.

• Like 2