adventure?

MooN

despite having read various members inane babbels and rambling misconceptions of what defines a "biker" or not and what constitutes an "adventure" or not, I think I might have found the definitive answer to the definition of "adventure" riding. 

credit where credit is due, I stole this from the H.U. faceburke page and thought it might amuse

117103549_10160096549748327_2727857548486904023_n.jpg.fdf042a61ff279b82cdb4aeb58e3a267.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Brilliant! ?

I just cringe at this "Adventure" word.......but that's the word that it's become necessary to use for a site like this.

Go back before Long Way Round and we used the term DualSport......which I much prefer. And if you went long distance back then it was classed as Touring. Now it's all "Adventure"

Well I don't see much "Adventure" going on round this way.......yet the area itself is made for it.

The only one that I know of besides myself who ends up in bizarre, obscure locations is a Spanish FB friend of mine (Diego) in Murcia......he's another old guy and he rides a very old F650GS.

I do see armies of dustbin-clad Beemers sitting outside restaurants all day though! :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tym said:

I prefer the term "Enduro" people older then me said "Scramblers"...not a bad term either, beatniks were cool. :littleguy:

I said "Scramblers".......you must have just missed out on that era by a couple of years.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I said "Scramblers".......you must have just missed out on that era by a couple of years.

My two wheel life started shortly after seeing on any sunday during a school trip to see a movie, me and my friends found parts of brothers motorcyles and made our own. I think one maybe worked kinda :classic_ninja:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tym said:

My two wheel life started shortly after seeing on any sunday during a school trip to see a movie, me and my friends found parts of brothers motorcyles and made our own. I think one maybe worked kinda :classic_ninja:

With me it was seeing the Rockers and their bikes in Swansea Fairground throughout the Summer of 64......I was 10.

article-page-landscape-asset-2-1024x628.jpg.1b45cf4d93c9507768b9e6f34351ac5b.jpg

As I was always there they'd all chip in a few bob for me to watch their bikes for them......and to sound the alarm if anybody (like Mods) got too close.

A couple of them even let me sit on their bikes at different times......and that was pretty much it. I was hooked.

I then used to watch the motorcycle racing on Saturday afternoons on World of Sport (or it might have been Grandstand)........always supporting Bill Ivy!

Took me until 71 when I left school to be able to get the money together to get something....22 quid for a TV175 Lambretta! But it was a start.

And 50 years later (inside) I still identify as a Rocker/Greaser. Because when you learn your trade within that mindset/culture it never leaves you.

Yes....I ride an "adventure" parts bin special......and I do a damn sight more with it than the adventure poseurs and hipsters do with their cutting edge shit.

But I'm still a Rocker/Greaser! So is @Renegade........but he's a toothless one! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

Definitely scrambler ? Anything single cylinder, sub 600cc, street legal dirt bike was a scrambler until I came to the UK. Then the genre went all ADHD

Surely that suited you more?

• Haha 1

You wouldn’t cope with the loss, I consider what I gained from that experience to be well worth it but I wouldn’t wish it on someone like you, I don’t like you but I wouldn’t want to see you broken, it’s not in my nature.

5 hours ago, Tym said:

I was brought up with bikes, my grandfather, father and uncles and cousins all rode bikes, I rode off-road as a youngster from about 8 years old, when I was sixteen my father took me to the dealers and helped me get my first road bike, I cannot imagine not riding. Some people wander in and out of the scene usually trying to be part of a crowd that they don’t understand. Some of us just ride bikes, the scene is just a small part of that.

1 minute ago, BusBoy said:

Thanks for taking the fall. I pity the broken man. If you ever need a shoulder to cry on, fuck off somewhere else ?

Well I’m not broken, it didn’t break me. It would have broken you because you are who you are. As I say though, I wouldn’t want to see that happen to you or to your family. I would much rather you have a good life and provide a good life for your kin.

1 minute ago, BusBoy said:

Hallelujah Jesus

Amen to that. I wouldn’t have got through it without the Lord Jesus Christ. It gives you a very different perspective on material possessions.

15 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

There we go, see, you can be nice ? I'll be sure to raise a toast to you from the sundeck. Chin chin.

Always nice to know you are thinking of me.