Cockup on the Abandoned Village front!

XTreme

At the start of the year I visited an abandoned village in Murcia......took loads of pics too.

Well it turns out that it wasn't the one I thought it was! It was a completely different one! :classic_unsure:

So this Sunday I'm going to the correct one......not sure how rough it's going to get though! ?

2-min.jpg.2a38b384dde242c52712154bfa65056a.jpg

1-min.jpg.e9780238ebd3a4fca9bc35fb7a27a331.jpg

But I'm a Pensioner......not a Casual......I can handle it! :classic_cool:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tym said:

Great place for a way station, if all the people hadnt dried up. I take it it gets really hot there. :classic_unsure:

Oh yeh!

But I'll be going early and back by midday........hopefully before it starts getting above 35C.

A Brit guy on the FB Strom group lives about 10 miles away........never met him.......and he's been asking to come out with me!

Probably not a good idea because I like to test people....... @Renegade does as well.

Sounds a bit harsh, but if you ride with somebody you need to know what their ability level is.......or they could be a risk to you.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Sounds a bit harsh, but if you ride with somebody you need to know what their ability level is.......or they could be a risk to you.

Best way to do that is go as fast as you can,and  if they can pass they are good enough. :littleguy:

A ride report on the wrong place? TOTY contender?

By testing, do you mean to see if he's quick enough? Because if you're way in the distance he can't really be of any danger :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

A ride report on the wrong place? TOTY contender?

By testing, do you mean to see if he's quick enough? Because if you're way in the distance he can't really be of any danger :classic_laugh:

What pace they're comfortable with......cos I'll adjust up or down accordingly.

Also the distance they stay behind you.....not too far and not too close.

And whether he's one of those who rides in your blind spot.......which is difficult to do with me because I'm always changing positions in the lane and the road depending on what I see ahead.

And it's not a Ride Report because it hasn't actually happened.

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Also the distance they stay behind you.....not too far and not too close.

And whether he's one of those who rides in your blind spot.......which is difficult to do with me because I'm always changing positions in the lane and the road depending on what I see ahead.

I have problems riding with most people, in fact I've only ever travelled with two other bikes because of that same thing, drives me mad looking back and not being the bike bike following me or having to worry if they're too close when I find an obstacle or need braking harder than normal.

I do enjoy company when out of the bike but riding with other people is not something I usually do, partly because I have my own rhythm of doing things, most of the time it annoys me being both rushed to get on the bike, or waiting for someone to faff around with their helmet and stuff. Then once we get going I admit my pace varies a lot just on the mood I'm in, and I dislike riding faster than I feel like, or slower than I feel like. I'm basically a very selfish person :classic_tongue:

Actually, the person I rode the longest with was someone completely different of myself, who I grew to like dearly. Me and Maria were arriving to Morocco and checking into a hotel and we met outside. Me and her carried all our stuff for two weeks in two side vario cases in the shortened position, he carried three huge aluminium cases just for himself, for one week :classic_laugh:

Turns out he lived 20km away from my parents, and somehow we were instant friends and travel companions.

We were so different on the bike that you had to laugh at it. I travel in jeans and a light jacket, so we got on the bike fast and effortless, while he always took his time, taking a last puff on the electric cigarette thing, gloves and helmet on, then realizing he forgot to put his earphones on and takes helmet back off, put earphones on and helmet back on, scrambles to find his phone and plug the earphones, gloves back on, then gloves back off to put the electric cigarette somewhere more handy, then finally we're off, and then he shoots off at Warp5 and gets lost because Maria was doing the navigation :classic_laugh: and we rode slowly. We did almost a week of this, and I really appreciated the humor of it because he was a great guy and did it in a relaxed manner very much his own. Got a few pictures or video of myself on the bike and him scrambling to get ready. Going through villages slowly he was always on my rear, and popping wheelies at every single speed bump. You had to love a guy that carried 1 bottle of gin, 1 bottle of whiskey, and 1 bottle of vodka on his trip to Morocco, that allowed us to spend an afternoon drinking G&T on a pool in the Sahara. Rui passed away a couple of years ago, that was very sad news, I would have loved to go on another trip with him.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I have problems riding with most people

So do I! The only one who's been a good fit for me since the 70's ended is @Renegade.

We could cross continents together (if we weren't so old and fucked) and we'd both instinctively know how the other would react to any given situation. So we're not on edge watching what the other one is doing.

I do miss riding with the toothless old fucker.......however, I don't miss being seen with him in public when we get off the bikes though. :classic_laugh:

FILE426.JPG.229c6e5b53e76448e845003b82084299.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Clive said:

I have to ride on my own now?......none of the riders I know want to ride that slow??

Every time they go out it turns into a race!?

You can't spend all your retirement years like that Clive.

These are supposed to be your Golden Years.......that sounds more like a fucking punishment to me.

Get down the dealers and get something sorted........or you'll end up as one of the "You Retire and You Die" statistics!

Just fucking pull the trigger on something.......no point on planning this or planning that in terms of finances......because none of us know how long we've got.

Now is the time to live for today! Get it done my man!

• Like 3

Looks like it's not exactly smooth going on Sunday!

545060354_Annotation2020-07-29121814.jpg.0c08ec95f9a6c9bdd9c31944e4d927a2.jpg

Haven't heard back from the FB guy either......maybe he's decided it's not for him! 

leonardo dicaprio laughing GIF

• Like 1