Buckster?

Tym

15 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

This blasted infernal machine needed getting ready after the lockdown

But I craned her in today and now breaking out the booze from my berth.

lPagyml.jpg

So what you doing to it Bruce?

I have a lot going on right now, I'm a shop steward so you can imagine how things are crazy at the moment. Bob is undoubtedly a cunt though and don't get me started on boat boy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

It's what's been done Pete. It's back in the water after spending winter and half the summer on the hard.

service and maintenance. This year it was

• outdrives strip and service
  • raw water service including removal of heat exchangers, oil coolers, hydraulic coolers, after coolers to rod and acid bathe
  • Engines service, lube, belts, hydraulics, tappets plus strip and paint
  • Flowcoat engine bay
  • Replace steering bushes and helmets
  • upgrade electrical gauges
  • New canopy.
  • Radar arch removal strip, fill and paint
  • Anti-fouling
  • Detailing

Had 4 weeks after lockdown to do this and one other boat so it's been a mad rush and a cheap year with no time to get creative ?

Dropped it into the water today and discovered I hadn't fitted a raw water hose correctly. On making 2000 rpm the water pressure popped the hose off and within seconds we had the high temp alarm screaming alongside the bilge pump alarm as we pumped 20 000 gallons per hour into the engine room. FFS. That's what rushing does. All back together in a beam chop and returned to berth feeling deflated and vexed as my nice shiny engines freshly painted is going to rust something awful with all this salt on it. A few tinnies and I will take a fresh water hose to it all tomorrow and settle into what's left of the season.

And I see Buck has had a career change from bus driver. What's up with that? The punters think him a cunt too?

That must have cost a bit Bruce!

No idea about @Buckster's shop steward gig......maybe it's for the driver's union?

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

That must have cost a bit Bruce!

No idea about @Buckster's shop steward gig......maybe it's for the driver's union?

Yes it’s the drivers union, no career change involved.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BusBoy said:

All back together in a beam chop and returned to berth feeling deflated and vexed as my nice shiny engines freshly painted is going to rust something awful with all this salt on it.

In a lot lesser scale, I can sort of relate to that from when I spent all my money and free time making my track car ready and safe to go on track, only to have shit happen regardless. Some wine helps you with that ... and some rust preventive product probably helps the boat as well :classic_laugh:

• Like 2