Bike of the Month June 2020! VOTE NOW!

XTreme

BOTM Voting June 2020  

15 members have voted

1. 1. BOTM Voting June 2020

• XTreme - Parts Bin Special lost somewhere!
    • Sir Fallsalot - Some old Thumper covered in shit!
    • Earache - Super Tenere in the Wild West!
    • Specs - Some piece of shit that fell off his Beemer!
    • Grasshoppers Ride - Royal Enfield with wrecked truck!
    • Tym - KLR with Cop Car
    • Boboneleg - CRF250 Rally with a Tank!
    • Moon - Brit Shit by French Gaff!
    • Pedro - Beemer by the beach!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/06/20 at 18:30

12 hours ago, XTreme said:

Pedro's got it for June!

@Pedro.........give me a full size image of your bike to go in the header!

But it has to be taken from a distance so I can crop the height to fit it into the space available!

OK, do you want it via email?

I would like to thank everyone that made this possible, it was a team effort and it's your award as much as mine. God bless America!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So from now on you're in charge of this gig Pedro!

Get members to submit their entries from the 20th on.......then the vote over the last few days!

On 30/06/2020 at 11:32, XTreme said:

Pedro's got it for June!

@Pedro.........give me a full size image of your bike to go in the header!

But it has to be taken from a distance so I can crop the height to fit it into the space available!

Congrats @Pedro That was close.  ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tym said:

I said it before, i;ll say it again, the only thing wrong with the BMW GS is with the...drum roll! please! :classic_ninja:

Pedro's looks amazing......but I have a doubt about reliability compared to a Jap.

I also have an even bigger doubt about the weight......it's nearly 90lbs heavier than the Strom.

And as for paying €1300 at a Dealer to replace a clutch........that's scary!

32 minutes ago, Tym said:

Knock on wood i have never had a clutch problem with any vehicle i have ever driven. :littleguy:

Had to replace a clutch on a D7 Bantam in 71.......think it cost about 3 quid! 

Which was probably more than the POS Bantam was worth!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

Pedro's looks amazing......but I have a doubt about reliability compared to a Jap.

I also have an even bigger doubt about the weight......it's nearly 90lbs heavier than the Strom.

And as for paying €1300 at a Dealer to replace a clutch........that's scary!

A modern GS is not a bike you want to have problems with, that's certain, as things get expensive fast. However, my bike has done 60.000km last week and has never needed anything. It'll get new clutch plates, though, as I've been advised to change them to improve the gearbox smoothness and as preventive measure against oil contamination fucking up the engine. Plates will be 300€ plus fitting, which is easy compared to previous generations.

It is frugal, I love the handling, the brakes, etc, and I really like boxer engines, no other engine I would rather have for the riding I like to do. Also, when I bought it I chose it specifically with two up touring intended, and there is absolutely no other big trail that can do that better than this bike, period. 

Would I live with a Super Tenere? Surely I would, and I would love that if I had one, and maybe it would last longer too. But I like riding my bike a lot more so that's what I do and just put up with the risk of fixing it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

A modern GS is not a bike you want to have problems with, that's certain, as things get expensive fast. However, my bike has done 60.000km last week and has never needed anything. It'll get new clutch plates, though, as I've been advised to change them to improve the gearbox smoothness and as preventive measure against oil contamination fucking up the engine. Plates will be 300€ plus fitting, which is easy compared to previous generations.

It is frugal, I love the handling, the brakes, etc, and I really like boxer engines, no other engine I would rather have for the riding I like to do. Also, when I bought it I chose it specifically with two up touring intended, and there is absolutely no other big trail that can do that better than this bike, period. 

Would I live with a Super Tenere? Surely I would, and I would love that if I had one, and maybe it would last longer too. But I like riding my bike a lot more so that's what I do and just put up with the risk of fixing it. 

You might want to seek some advice about that clutch elsewhere, Unless they've changed things recently the clutch on a GS is dry and has no contact with any oil other than the usual leaky crank shaft oil seal 

23 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

You might want to seek some advice about that clutch elsewhere, Unless they've changed things recently the clutch on a GS is dry and has no contact with any oil other than the usual leaky crank shaft oil seal 

On liquid cooled bikes, since 2013 or so, it's been a wet clutch that you access from the front of the engine.

• Like 1