Wild west

Buckster

So for yesterday's ride my plan for heading north didn't look good on the weather radar, I would have ended up riding Glen Lyon in the rain which is no fun. So instead I headed west with the plan of hitting the west coast. Unfortunately I left the memory card for the gopro at home so I only have a few pictures. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Buckster said:

So for yesterday's ride my plan for heading north didn't look good on the weather radar, I would have ended up riding Glen Lyon in the rain which is no fun. So instead I headed west with the plan of hitting the west coast. Unfortunately I left the memory card for the gopro at home so I only have a few pictures. 

Sounds like a track day excuse.

• Haha 2

I headed along the south side of the Firth of Forth through the villages and past little Texas, aka Grangemouth oil refinery. Then through Falkirk and Bannockburn to pick up the A811 towards the Trossachs. I rode around the south side then followed the west bank of Loch Lomond up to Tarbet before heading up to Tyndrum and The Green Welly Stop for fuel and a piss break after 105 miles.

• Like 2

The Green Welly Stop was quiet as it was a Friday, I guarantee it will have been ramming with bikes today.

20240531_151656.thumb.jpg.7a6694d3ca166d8cce1f3ef918887300.jpg

This is technically the southern tip of the Highlands.

20240531_151709.thumb.jpg.013044b5752f2d6010b2f7766cc57d30.jpg

• Like 7

Got my mate and misses up Melrose at the mo. Can see from his and your pics You’ve def got better weather there.

• Like 2

There was a guy with a brand new Benelli TRK? Dual sport looked like a 700cc, must have been fresh out of the showroom, all his gear was brand new and it had a pristine set of panniers and top box, he could barely touch the ground on it though and as he pulled out he fell off, unfortunately I didn't get a picture. He obviously flooded it as he could not get it to start again until a girl walked over and cranked the throttle open and started it for him. Humiliation complete.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

From there I headed west through the valley over to the coastal town of Oban, it was ramming with tourists and was overcast.

20240531_161953.thumb.jpg.2f4a7ae551a11f6f65ddcaf8feb580fc.jpg

20240531_162002.thumb.jpg.6b4b870ecf5ef537919a8d1232033c63.jpg

20240531_162008.thumb.jpg.f8d6d36d4cb5ac298b6c0d6b2108b436.jpg

It was good to be on the west coast as i rarely get all the way over there.

• Like 7

20240531_162350.thumb.jpg.9c7b67858321b679cb9862cb422f9d1a.jpg

The bike never missed a beat and the handling is sublime with the new shocks.

From here I headed south towards Campbeltown following to Atlantic coast, if I had more time I would have explored multiple things along the route but I had to get back, I was 150 miles from home. 

• Like 7

Before getting to the peninsula I turned off eastward back to Tarbet via Inveraray which meant riding a road carved into the south side of an incredible valley after passing various tidal lochs, the scenery was stunning and it was great riding, eventually arriving back at Tarbet and Loch Lomond before retracing my route home. 325 miles of dramatic countryside, I love Scotland.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Buckster said:

325 miles of dramatic countryside, I love Scotland.

That’s a good day on the bike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

There was a guy with a brand new Benelli TRK? Dual sport looked like a 700cc, must have been fresh out of the showroom, all his gear was brand new and it had a pristine set of panniers and top box, he could barely touch the ground on it though and as he pulled out he fell off, unfortunately I didn't get a picture. He obviously flooded it as he could not get it to start again until a girl walked over and cranked the throttle open and started it for him. Humiliation complete.

Do you think maybe Busa sold his zookinie and bought and adventure bike ?  Was he kinda fat ?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, zzzak said:

The Benelli seat height is 790, was he a midget ?

He wasn’t tall, I think he was Canadian.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Do you think maybe Busa sold his zookinie and bought and adventure bike ?  Was he kinda fat ?

Ask him yourself.

six.jpeg

• Haha 3