Château Queribus

Tango

I've been past the Château Quéribus a few times, but never took the road up to it, so I thought that it would be a nice little run on the new bike.

I headed around the Narbonne northern ring road as usual and took my normal route up and across past the Abbaye Fontfroide. It was slightly cloudy when I set off, but it was blowing a hoolie! On the road past Fontfroide I was getting knocked about by the wind and I did seriously consider calling it a day and head back home, but I decided to persevere and carried on.

I turned off that road at Thézan-des-Corbières and headed west. The wind was now behind me, so it wasn't so much of a problem then. 

I was trying to get tuned into the new bike, which rides and handles quite different to the Scrambler. I noticed also that the Michelin Anakee's on it don't tramline like the Dunlops did on the Scrambler. The ride is also more plush on this bike, but it holds its line pretty well through the twisties. 

My route took me through Durban-Corbières,  Villeneuve-les-Corbières and Tuchan,  so I passed by the Château d'Aguilar before turning off and heading up the gorge near Padern and then on to Cucugnan, where the turning up to the Château Quéribus is. 

The road twists up the side of the hills there before you reach the road that takes you up to the castle carpark. The road up to the carpark is pretty narrow and there's a couple of nice, tight hairpins up there. 

The carpark was not too busy, so I stopped for a couple of pictures and then went down the same access road. I stopped at the junction of the main road for a coffee from my flask that I'd taken with me. The wind was howling across there and I ended up wearing more coffee than I drank. I was fearful of the bike getting blown over too, so I decided to just head back by the same route and save further exploration for some less windy days!

I was pleased how the bike felt and performed. I was starting to get tuned into it by the return journey.

IMG_20240415_112540.thumb.jpg.0984b58b40bc2bdde7dd171ef03474e7.jpg

IMG_20240415_113948.thumb.jpg.7dad8fee8b383ed8998368989183ff9c.jpg

IMG_20240415_113917.thumb.jpg.748f782684f8d6ba6a4bbebb56eae26e.jpg

IMG_20240415_1148462.thumb.jpg.95f5d66d4939924a6f64fde18663c830.jpg

IMG_20240415_1148262.thumb.jpg.f85e3a259a3e55d0dd65297d4b6fc4c4.jpg

IMG_20240415_115343.thumb.jpg.42816db606f5148ea016150c3c71bf19.jpg

• Like 9

Excellent Bob! Can you get access to the Castle?

And Dunlop are shit......remember them on the CB?

Don't forget to change your bike and avatar in your profile!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Excellent Bob! Can you get access to the Castle?

And Dunlop are shit......remember them on the CB?

Don't forget to change your bike and avatar in your profile!

Cheers Pete. Yes, you can get up to the castle, but it's a bit of a climb! 😂😂😂

Yes, I'm not a fan of those Dunlops! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Tango said:

Cheers Pete. Yes, you can get up to the castle, but it's a bit of a climb!

Bugger that then!

That's why I always look for places that I can ride into! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

Nice one Bob, I've never ridden a Triumph triple , perhaps I should go and have a test ride just for the hell of it.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Nice one Bob, I've never ridden a Triumph triple , perhaps I should go and have a test ride just for the hell of it.

Cheers Bob. This one is different from my previous Triumph triples, but it sounds very similar. I've loved the sound of the triples, ever since I saw a guy at college on a 750 Trident, back in 1975! 😉😂😂

• Like 1

Nice looking roads!

Cool top box, too, nice and square looking. Gone are the days of the little rear seat bag?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Nice looking roads!

Cool top box, too, nice and square looking. Gone are the days of the little rear seat bag?

Yes, they're pretty interesting roads.

The little tailpack just makes it harder getting on and off this bike, with the higher seat height. So I think that I'll stick with the top box. 👍

• Like 1

I remember visiting this castle and others in the area about fifteen years or so ago. The Carthar castles are all worth a trip. Great photo opportunities. Unfortunately I can't find mine. :twat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1