Scorched earth and burnt trees

DangerRuss58

I really feel for all of you in England at the moment with al that cold wet freezing weather, here in Spain we have had some gorgeous weather lately I personally feel that temperatures in the low 20s are the perfect riding conditions LOL. So last Tuesday evening I got a message asking if I fancied a little ride the next day. I said yes of course. The following morning I set off for Castalla  met up with a few friends and off we went around the mountains of Alicante and into the Valencia region. We stopped off for a coffee on the way and eventually we found ourselves not too far from where I live and we rode through the devastated landscape of what is left after the massive wild fire from last year. The fire that got so close to my village we were put on standby to evacuate the neighbouring village and already been emptied. I was amazed at how much land had gone up in flames we rode for miles and it was burnt trees all t he way. We eventually stopped for a lunch just outside Pego and headed for the coast and some sunny twisties. 

Ride01.jpg

Ride05.jpg

Ride02.jpg

Ride07.jpg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, DangerRuss58 said:

I really feel for all of you in England at the moment with al that cold wet freezing weather, here in Spain we have had some gorgeous weather lately I personally feel that temperatures in the low 20s are the perfect riding conditions LOL. So last Tuesday evening I got a message asking if I fancied a little ride the next day. I said yes of course. The following morning I set off for Castalla  met up with a few friends and off we went around the mountains of Alicante and into the Valencia region. We stopped off for a coffee on the way and eventually we found ourselves not too far from where I live and we rode through the devastated landscape of what is left after the massive wild fire from last year. The fire that got so close to my village we were put on standby to evacuate the neighbouring village and already been emptied. I was amazed at how much land had gone up in flames we rode for miles and it was burnt trees all t he way. We eventually stopped for a lunch just outside Pego and headed for the coast and some sunny twisties. 

Ride01.jpg

Ride05.jpg

Ride02.jpg

Ride07.jpg

CHIPS 😜

• Haha 2

On 09/02/2024 at 15:27, XTreme said:

Nice one Russ!

Still haven't changed the bike then?

No I have looked around and to be honest I don't see anything I like, I don't want too many electronic gadgets. as an ex electronic engineer I cant think of a worse place to put electronics than on a bike LOL and at the monet all the manufacturers seem obsessed with making bikes lower shorter and more compact while I'm getting bigger LOL so think I will stick with the Yam for now

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, DangerRuss58 said:

No I have looked around and to be honest I don't see anything I like, I don't want too many electronic gadgets. as an ex electronic engineer I cant think of a worse place to put electronics than on a bike LOL and at the monet all the manufacturers seem obsessed with making bikes lower shorter and more compact while I'm getting bigger LOL so think I will stick with the Yam for now

Yeh.....all this electronics shit puts me right off!

On 11/02/2024 at 11:08, XTreme said:

Yeh.....all this electronics shit puts me right off!

What you need is wheelie control on your beast pete