The Highwayman, Sourton.

Saul

Had a bimble on the Hornet this morning up to Devon and Dartmoor.    Absolutely stunning part of the world.    Anyway years ago at a Saab meet camping weekend we went to the Highwayman for a few beers.  We had a great night in a very interesting pub.   Worth a Google if you are interested.   

IMG_1570.thumb.jpeg.0ffc9974bd5ef573dbda0741eb529815.jpegIMG_1573.thumb.jpeg.46248db5e01d7cfb05ed288fad12a6c1.jpegIMG_1577.thumb.jpeg.8af292566232a0bac37555f794a1a887.jpegIMG_1578.thumb.jpeg.0556d53b67e59b08b547d61be01f594c.jpegIMG_1580.thumb.jpeg.970c82825055d6debb81d90a91d79ed0.jpegIMG_1579.thumb.jpeg.f7ae1026a24005b50f0954066f353376.jpegIMG_1581.thumb.jpeg.89720f2874d57da99f6a3a6dc0a7ef0e.jpegIMG_1582.thumb.jpeg.b6e0f9d3c4043a59a70051128dc91c3f.jpeg

• Like 9

870.   I wanted to crack the 1000 today but it was just to cold and I never had enough layers on so headed back across Dartmoor after getting to Sourton.  Still haven't thawed out yet.    Gonna walk the dog now and wash the bike after.  😉

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

That's a special looking pub, dangerous to look at it if you've had a few too many :classic_laugh:

It gets better inside mate.  One bar is made up like a woodland fairy grotto with little elves and woodland creatures popping out of holes in the wall.  the Bar looks like a tree growing out of the floor.  Has to be seen to be believed but there is an atmosphere in the place.  The Landlady convinced my gullible mate she was a white witch over the course of an evening on their home made cider (which I reckon could run a motor it was that strong).  By the end of the night we had to walk him back to his tent as he was terrified to go on his own.  🤣. The other bar come restaurant is made up like the inside of a sailing ship with a pirate theme, again it has to be seen to be believed.  Add a few beers and low light and it's not that hard to believe the magic.  

https://www.thehighwaymaninn.net/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Saul said:

It gets better inside mate.  One bar is made up like a woodland fairy grotto with little elves and woodland creatures popping out of holes in the wall.  the Bar looks like a tree growing out of the floor.  Has to be seen to be believed but there is an atmosphere in the place.  The Landlady convinced my gullible mate she was a white witch over the course of an evening on their home made cider (which I reckon could run a motor it was that strong).  By the end of the night we had to walk him back to his tent as he was terrified to go on his own.  🤣. The other bar come restaurant is made up like the inside of a sailing ship with a pirate theme, again it has to be seen to be believed.  Add a few beers and low light and it's not that hard to believe the magic.  

Looks like a great place Saul 👍

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Saul said:

i got to go there, thats a trip in the van , any campsites near it ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Six30 said:

i got to go there, thats a trip in the van , any campsites near it ?

Have a look on the Highwaymans website I think the allow vans to stay free on site overnight if you have a meal in the pub.    If not there is a place in Okehampton just up the road called Betty Cottles, we used to stay there on Saab club meets.  

• Like 3