Christmas Plans?

Tango

we wanted to visit my parents for Christmas, Mum's 92 now and Alzheimers is getting steadily worse, but there is just no way we can afford accomodation in the area for 5 of us at that time of year (last year at nearly 2000€ for 5 days nearly killed us) so we're not doing anything for Christmas but are saving for a uk visit in feb when we can have the same accomodation for five days for just over 800€... 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, MooN said:

we wanted to visit my parents for Christmas, Mum's 92 now and Alzheimers is getting steadily worse, but there is just no way we can afford accomodation in the area for 5 of us at that time of year (last year at nearly 2000€ for 5 days nearly killed us) so we're not doing anything for Christmas but are saving for a uk visit in feb when we can have the same accomodation for five days for just over 800€... 

We priced up NL at Xmas.....but it was a pisstake!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Eating, drinking, watching shite on TV, out with the dogs, out on the bike, play a bit of golf……….just like normal but with turkey and cranberry sauce. 🤣🤣 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

All sounds good apart from the golf 

Golf Sprinkler GIF

• Haha 2

On 03/12/2023 at 16:11, MooN said:

I think that our flights are around 200€ and the Premier Inns are around £50 a night. We've got to add parking at the airport and a few meals, but it shouldn't be too bad for a weeks stay. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tango said:

I think that our flights are around 200€ and the Premier Inns are around £50 a night. We've got to add parking at the airport and a few meals, but it shouldn't be too bad for a weeks stay. 

yeah but there's 5 of us, which means two hotel rooms for 5 nights and car is still the cheapest way  for us despite the bloody crossing costing 160€ each way. it,s also doable in a day's drive for us from here. less so from where you are. 

• Like 3