There are thieving baskets everywhere but this one takes the biscuit

boboneleg

9 hours ago, Buckster said:

I’m so glad you are here to educate us idiots.

It's good to see your progress there Buckles, they told us that the Civil War was to free the slaves but as you can see that was bullshit, same as the South wanting to keep them, did you know that most of the slave owners were democrats and that all the slave ships were out of New York, guess who ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

People who are alive now are directly effected by the attitudes and wealth created by colonialism. Look up the Bristol bus boycott. Think that would have happened without slavery and colonialism?

Reparations are a thorny topic. Apologies cost nothing but mean a lot. 

If Germany had won the war (sorry yes Godwins law has appeared) there would be statues and monuments to him that I as a part Jewish descendant would find very offensive and want to tear down. No matter how much innovation WW2 caused that we still benefit from today a murderer is a murderer and not someone to be celebrated (well most civilised people think not) I’m acutely aware of the suffering of my Grandparents who fought and who’s lives were scarred forever because of it. 

My children never met them but I’ve explained who their grandparents were and what they did. So they may not be alive to them but I wouldn’t expect for one moment for them to be happy to walk past a statue celebrating Hitlers achievements and be happy about it. People know where they come from and they care about what happened to their relatives in the past.

Lest we forget an all that. Well when it comes to the legacy of slavery and colonialism we won’t even look at it, we can’t remember or forget it because most people don’t even understand what it did in the first place.

If you want a more current example have a look at what Franco did. His legacy is so painful they still can’t talk about it but no doubt their grandchildren will and then an apology would be least that should happen. 

I see that you need to be educated on WW2 as well, do you know who started the war ?

7 hours ago, zzzak said:

Another meaningless statement.

Just because you don’t understand it, doesn’t make it meaningless. I suspect you see a lot of “meaningless” statements.

• Like 1